Gates - High Performance Automotive V-Ribbed Belts

rcgmank

Oct 27, 2008
Dallas
Looking to see if anyone has any experience with the Gates (Blue) high performance belts. The ones I am looking at are:
K040335RB - Power Steering
K040365RB - Air Conditioning
K050507RB - Water Pump And Alternator

O'Reilly seems to have the best price (~$90), but not sure if they are worth 3 times the cost of the standard Gates belts.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
What is so high performance about a belt? I can see not wanting to skimp on a timing belt being the if it breaks your engine is done. But accessory belts? I would not waste the money on high performance blue belts. Just my opinion. I do imagine they can handle more tension and last longer, but is it really worth the cost? You gotta ask yourself, how much different are the belts than non high perf? I had a checker employee tell me that i can add horsepower for 11 dollars by putting one of the little k-n filters in place of my pcv system? He also told me he had 100k invested into his bone stock focus? I told him to F.O.C.U.S (F*%K off cause ur stupid) So maybe take a look into gates website prior to investing and weigh your options.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Gates makes high quaility products that are sold all over the place under their own name. You won't gain horsepower. But it will last longer.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
Gates is gates right quality is in the name. Given they are a good brand whats dif from the standard belt and hi perf belt? what would make it last longer? design? color? i would imagine they use the same material in all their belts right?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I was in a pinch and needed belts asap. NAPA belts seem to be the gates belts, but rebranded. Micro-XXXXX or something. I spent close to $75 on them, but they were in stock and I was more concerned with saving time than saving a dime.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
89supra7mgte;1590306 said:
Gates is gates right quality is in the name. Given they are a good brand whats dif from the standard belt and hi perf belt? what would make it last longer? design? color? i would imagine they use the same material in all their belts right?

No, not same materials...