Gas tank leaking!!!!!

Chaos_Performance

Aug 21, 2008
Ohio and Mass
so i replaced me u-joints today and noticed my gas tank had a leak in it so i did some research and called some local part stores and cant find one anywhere. was wondering if anyone has had this problem and if anyone knows of somewhere to get a new one??

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
This happens a lot my car still has it.I have a new tank thats finally going in next week.One thing I have to ask is did you remove your charcol canister? cause somtimes it's because theres to much presser in there but if not just try and look in the junk yards,look around here in the f/s section,pm people who are parting out a car,and make a wtb thread

Chaos_Performance

Aug 21, 2008
Ohio and Mass
well i was looking into a fuel cell but i need the car daily so it would have to have a big enough size and i would have to install everything in a weekend if i did that i would have to do more to the fuel system because thats just how i am. lol

and no i didnt remove the charcoal canister. where did u get ur new tank??

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Where is it leaking from? Are you sure it's not one of the fittings up above, or the drain plug on the bottom? You might not need a new one...

I would try a pull-a-part type place (junkyard) if you still need one

Gunnar

Jul 11, 2008
Belgium
www.chiptuners.org
It could be leaking from the tank itself, or the filler tube(when you filled up the tank to near full) or the pipes from the fuelpump bracket (only when car is running).

Chaos_Performance

Aug 21, 2008
Ohio and Mass
oh and i know its from the tank i will show u guys pics later there is a little random hole in the bottom and its not near the drain hole. the undercoating is the only thing holding the gas in. lol