Garret 60-1 AKA (TO4S) T4 Journal Bearing Turbo .70 Divided Hot Side Vs Ball bearing

al lewis

Mar 3, 2007
dominica
Hey guys are anyone of you running this Turbo on ur 7m's if so what are your reviews and experiences with it what kinda spool up have you seen with supporting mods offcourse? And what do you think of this turbo in the ball bearing version is it really worth it? I'm doing some turbo shopping now for my project and wanted some information. How would you rate drift motions HKS Replica 50mm wastegate it comes with the kit but i've heard guys bashing this because of spool up and improper boost control is this correct?

al lewis

Mar 3, 2007
dominica
Also what kinda gains are espected at 17psi with supporting mods? is the ball bearing version really neccessary don't want to much lag although i know i'll have a lil looking to be at full boost by 3500rpm

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
I would just run a 6262 rather than a 58mm turbo. get the newest technology out there. FWIW, I had a turbonetics ts04 (58mm turbo) on my 7m for many years. good turbo. My GT4088R witch is 5mm bigger spools just the same from a roll. Technology is much better in the later turbo.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
If you can afford it and don't want the lag, ball bearing is the way to go. ;)