Garage Shenanigans (with the MKIV)

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Figit090 said:
how do mk3's do at those speeds?

Ask Duane(UpgradedSupra) and Ron R. (JT2MA80), they might be able to tell ya'!:naughty: :icon_razz :biglaugh:
Maybe KW Natey too!!??:evil2:

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Poodles said:
they feel great. good tires, good alignment, and a sound suspension and it's rock solid...

hah, niceness.

do people re-gear for higher horsepower? I get annoyed that i have to be at 3k RPM to cruise at 65-70mph... i feel like I have the torque to do fine at 2k rpm going those speeds.... not passing but thats what downshifts are for...

So in my case, my car would basically sound like its going to explode if i passed 120 mph....lol.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
91T breezen' said:
Ask Duane(UpgradedSupra) and Ron R. (JT2MA80), they might be able to tell ya'!:naughty: :icon_razz :biglaugh:
Maybe KW Natey too!!??:evil2:

I didn't know Ron had a 7M MKIV:naughty:

AnclyT

Sep 25, 2007
Atlanta
Figit090 said:
hah, niceness.

do people re-gear for higher horsepower? I get annoyed that i have to be at 3k RPM to cruise at 65-70mph... i feel like I have the torque to do fine at 2k rpm going those speeds.... not passing but thats what downshifts are for...

So in my case, my car would basically sound like its going to explode if i passed 120 mph....lol.

lol, get a different tranny!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Figit090 said:
hah, niceness.

Are you NA?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Figit090 said:
how do mk3's do at those speeds?
Well. Very well.

Aside from a hell of a lot of wind noise, I have yet to find a speed that the MKIII felt unstable at. I took it up to 150mph a while back, but got scared, and let off. The car was rock solid the whole time though.