Garage questions

killarb634

Apr 1, 2005
Jersey's here
With the winter coming and alot of people working on their cars in their garage, What do you hook up to the exhaust to run outside the garage for the exhaust to go out to so you can work in the garage with the door shut?
I'm sure a couple of you do this and do run the car in the garage.

Thanks
Brian

sid

Driver
May 20, 2006
New Jersey
Not sure if it's the best, but I used flexible dryer exhaust tubing on NA cars in the past. The issue was that I could still smell fumes. I'm interested in doing it again this year and want to get a fan or something. Can't wait to see what others have been using.

killarb634

Apr 1, 2005
Jersey's here
I had to back my car up the driveway into the garage and its a little tight... That being said the exhaust blows right inot the back of the garage and seems to stay there even with the door open. Just looking for what some of you hooked up to the exhaust to route it out of the garage and into the neighbors living room or whatever...

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Get a 3in sch 40 pipe at home depot or if your exhuast pipe is bigger use 4 in pipe and open your door just enought to get the pipe out .But really you should not be running your car in the garage at all. Do it at your own risk.....

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I've known a few people who use flexible dryer duct (NOT the plastic type) and a metal reducer with no problems. I do recommend you check it frequently for holes though. The mylar that most of these ducts are made of are not capable of holding up to the heat your exhaust is capable of putting out for an extended period of time.

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
Curious. Why are you running the car in the garage?

I've never had to really... and if it was necessary like having to check for leaks, I'd just back it out into the driveway then move it back.

Careful though.
Just tonight I decided to do some painting, and the fumes were too terrible to continue, and that was with the door half open.