fuse panel removal Q

Spiv

hooligan
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando, Fl
I'm trying to tap another fuse into the stock fuse panel (MA70 LHD, fuse panel right next to the clutch pedal). I figured I'd just pop the little plastic bit out and do my work, but it's proving to be a serious pain. Anyone taken it out before, and what needs to be done? (bolt on the bottom is out, removed all the connectors on the outward facing side, can't get the ones on the side facing the sheetmetal). There must be an easier way to get this mofugger out, what is it?

Arch-Angel

Apr 3, 2005
Nebraska
Fuse.Tap2.jpg

Get one of these make it a lot easier than ripping the thing apart. Its call a ATC Add-A-Circuit Fuse Tap System.

supratkfy

Mar 30, 2005
San Francisco
since were talking about this...anyone know how many unused fuses....are in the fuse box? i need to tap into a 12volt source for two of my guages and was thinking of routing it to the fuse box...i currently have my boost controller routed to there...i'm not sure is there any more ignition source aorund the radio area...

Arch-Angel

Apr 3, 2005
Nebraska
You could tap directly in to the 12v for the radio, one thing though it only has a 7.5 amp fuse to it just like most of the other components in that area. The other idea that I have done in the past is to use a fuse block. If you use the fuse tap (above) and wire it to a fuse block with a 20 amp fuse you can put what ever amp fuse in the fuse block and give yourself anywhere from 4 to 12 more curcuits depending on the size of the fuse block.

supratkfy

Mar 30, 2005
San Francisco
yea i was looking around the Napa/Kragen store...i looked at the fuse block and that might be the best way to go for me...thanks where can i find the add a circuit? it doesn't seem like kragen or napa has them?

Arch-Angel

Apr 3, 2005
Nebraska
Autozone & O'Reilly has been the places I have found them. RadioShack might be able to order them, and the internet as well.