funny yet dumb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
i got a funny but dumb question. lets say a guy buys a jdm right hand drive vehicle and decides hes hungery while driving. how in the blue h e double hockey sticks is he going to go throw the drive throw. what is he going to drive backwards throw the drive throw. now that would be a funny sight. lol. plz pull up to the next window or maybe pull back to the next window lol. just a thought.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Went through the drive-thru backwards a few times with my friend's car in High School that had a dead driver's window motor. It's funny if nothing else.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
This is so funny, I've never heard or thought of this! Well, I don't have the problem, but if I did I would just take someone and make them earn the ride.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
haha ya its super super funny!! i know a guy who used to have a rhd s14 and he did this a couple of times. its funny but what is NOT funny is imagine being in you awesome fast import car that you're so proud of and you get stuck behind some idiot who can't do the speed limit on a two lane road, now you come to a passing zone but you cannot pass because in order to see if anyone is coming you have to be almost completely in the other lane!! ya that's not funny anymore that would suck!

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
lol i always have dumb thoughts like this. maybe its because the sugar water my grandmother feed me when i was first born.

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
Obviously having a RHD car would be a big pain in the ass for a lot of drive through related things. I guess that's the price you pay for being so JDM cool.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
IJ.;1553484 said:
Wrong side drive is stupid/dangerous just to be part of a fad.....

Even more so when correct side drive cars are actually available in your country. :nono:

This is what Ive been trying to say since people started Importing RHD cars into Canada a few years ago.

As for the drive thru issue, you could always try parking the car, getting up off your ass and walking inside.

supra0022

Apr 6, 2010
Suffolk, VA
I guess it all depends on who you talk to. I drove both types and to be honest it was more natural for me to drive on the RHD than the LHD. I miss my RHD supra and will be converting my 89. Not just cause I prefer it and its more natural, but also because I am doing a TTR clone. So I guess that makes me stupid. Everyones entitled to their oppinion though. One of things I liked most about the supra community is that everyone's car has something different and unique about it.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
It has nothing to do with what is more natural it's about what the infrastructure and the other 99.99% of road users are set up for.....

There are quite a few situations where wrong side drive is flat out dangerous.

Building a "TTR clone" is another matter altogether...

Seriously why bother, buy a TTR if you want one there are plenty of them in the USA and Canada, it's not like they're anything special.

If you had said "I'm building a Group A clone" I'd be behind you 100% as it's something unique and not readily availabe.
(NO not a Turbo A clone)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The main reason they're so popular in Canada is their price IMHO. Imported car is cheaper than one that's been there, and usually in better shape...

supra0022

Apr 6, 2010
Suffolk, VA
IJ.;1553643 said:
It has nothing to do with what is more natural it's about what the infrastructure and the other 99.99% of road users are set up for.....

There are quite a few situations where wrong side drive is flat out dangerous.

Building a "TTR clone" is another matter altogether...

Seriously why bother, buy a TTR if you want one there are plenty of them in the USA and Canada, it's not like they're anything special.

If you had said "I'm building a Group A clone" I'd be behind you 100% as it's something unique and not readily availabe.
(NO not a Turbo A clone)

There are a lot in Canada. But not U.S. as of matter of fact if there is one here in the U.S. its not street legal. If you "know" of anyone that has a real TTR in the U.S. that is "registered" in the U.S., then it is either illegally registered or not a genuine TTR. I have found one or two on line that are registered as Track/Show not for everyday use. And you won't find for atleast another 3 or 4 years when they start turning 25. I'm sorry, but if someone paid 20k plus to have the proper mods done bya RI (registered Importer) which would include converting it to LHD then they wasted their money. anyways, like I said earlier, its all a matter of opinion, as well as personal preferences.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
supra0022;1553651 said:
There are a lot in Canada. But not U.S. as of matter of fact if there is one here in the U.S. its not street legal. If you "know" of anyone that has a real TTR in the U.S. that is "registered" in the U.S., then it is either illegally registered or not a genuine TTR. I have found one or two on line that are registered as Track/Show not for everyday use. And you won't find for atleast another 3 or 4 years when they start turning 25. I'm sorry, but if someone paid 20k plus to have the proper mods done bya RI (registered Importer) which would include converting it to LHD then they wasted their money. anyways, like I said earlier, its all a matter of opinion, as well as personal preferences.

My point remains why bother?

You're going to hack up a LHD car and convert it to RHD then go through all of the legal issues to register it just so you can sit on the wrong side because it feels "more natural"...

I give up this place is like clown college at times...

supra0022

Apr 6, 2010
Suffolk, VA
IJ.;1553657 said:
I give up this place is like clown college at times...

Why, because not everyone agrees with your point of view? My car is already registered. There are no legal issues for me to worry about. RHD is perfectly legal in the U.S. For someone that has been in the scene as long as it looks like you have you would know this and actually be more open minded about everyones different views.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

IJ.;1553657 said:
My point remains why bother?

QUOTE]

Is your car all stock? my guess is no. all the work that you have probably put into your car. For what? Why? Can you tell me? or how about I'll just answer this ques. for you. Because you WANTED to. You saw the benefit of doing what ever it is you have done to your car and you did it. Probably some shit most people wouldn't do to there own. Yet, you probably don't get knocked for it. So why knock other peoples vices? Converting to RHD is no more work than converting to a widebody. All in all anything you want to do to these cars requires work. So my ques. to you is why is the work such an issue to you. Its not to me. I dont care what other people think. I do what makes me happy. I'm not here to please anyone. Just here to help if I can, receive any help I may need and just B.S. in general.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Unless you have the mirrors like they do on the front of the mail trucks that are RHD, you're a safety risk driving a RHD car in a LHD country.

Status
Not open for further replies.