Full Coverage on My 1992 Toyota Supra

UpbeatFish

Permanently Banned
Oct 4, 2007
Fail town
does anyone recommend this?

im interested in getting full coverage.

does anyone have full coverage on their mkiii?
and if so how much do they cover?

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
^ditto.

i keep my insurance under the names of my parents.

i'm under 25 with a questionable driving record due to my younger years.

UpbeatFish

Permanently Banned
Oct 4, 2007
Fail town
suprastanger507mgte;1223086 said:
I do, its not that much anyways. If you are planning to drive it daily and add stuff to it to make it nicer, better, faster etc , don't take any chances.

how much does your insurance cover if you were(god forbid<) to get into a wreck?

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
I had full coverage on my '91 before it got totaled. After I bought it back, they dropped it to liability until I get a dmv inspection done...then I can put F/C back on it. When they totaled it out, they tried lowballing me at first, but after doing some legwork and faxing them the results, they paid more than I paid for the car...lol. As far as what F/C covers on the policy and how much, that will vary between agencies and the coverage limits are set by you. I suggest you call whatever ins. co. you have or are considering, and ask them what F/C entails in their policies, and what the different levels of coverage are.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
you can also add additional coverage for work done on the car. mine comes out to $15 for an extra $2000 worth of coverage.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
once my car is road worthy it will have full coverage + the additional 2k in work ^ as stated above. Im not sure what its going to cost but i'll have two cars on my policy and i'm 24 right now.

I pay 115 a month for my del sol liability which isn't too bad. 3 years ago it was so expensive i had to put it under my parents name.

I'll be 25 in march so its going to drop and i'm going to love it lol.

I have progressive insurance btw. Best one i've delt with and i've had 3 different insurance companies in the past 2 years.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
suprastanger507mgte;1223086 said:
I do, its not that much anyways. If you are planning to drive it daily and add stuff to it to make it nicer, better, faster etc , don't take any chances.

As an insurance agent, the only thing I'll say about that is this: when you insure your car for full coverage, the insurance company is insuring your vehicle exactly the way is was when it came from the factory. Any "upgrades" you do to your car are meaningless to them, as your car never came from the factory with those "upgrades".

The only way you can MAKE SURE that those "upgrades" are also covered, and factored into the total value of your vehicle; is with a STATED VALUE or AGREED VALUE policy. With a stated/agreed value policy, you and your insurance company are agreeing beforehand what your vehicle is worth before a loss occurs. If/when a loss occurs with a stated/agreed value policy, your car will be fixed if the damage is less then the agreed amount; or you'll receive the agreed amount if the vehicle is deemed a total loss.

Check this post out that I made in another thread regarding stated/agreed value policies, and how to make sure you get what your vehicle is actually worth.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I pay 50/month for liability only on mine. :)

If I was concerned with getting full coverage, I'd be better off starting a bank account and putting $100 bucks in it every month than pay an insurance company.

But I have a stock N/A, so my situation is different from those with a 10k modded turbo.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I would. If you get in a wreck then you will have money for a new car, otherwise you'd have to provide the money your self.

I would only get liability if the car is worth less then $1500 (beat up/no paint/POS/etc). After the normal $500 deductable it isn't worth it for the $1000 payout.

Cant wait till Sept, I turn 25.. Currently paying 185/month for the supra and 1 celica (took the other off since its going to be down for a few months) both with full coverage.