Fueling problems with 720cc

Mr. Y

Mar 31, 2005
80 miles away from Kremlin
Well, I just used screw on top of it. I was thinking that I'll get good AFRs at idle with lower pressure but it actually didn't help. On small injection time and lower pressure engine was working roughly and WBO2 showed richer mixture.

Mr. Y

Mar 31, 2005
80 miles away from Kremlin
turbo joe;1045973 said:
Why not just tune it? :dunno:

Tune what? Stock ECU using piggy-backs? No, thanks...
Tune Haltech E8? I tried, and I'm sure it was not tuning problem. Either E8 went south or problem was just injectors driving related... And morevover, I just tired of Haltech. I am software developer and I know how to create comfortable GUI... Halwin is POS. I contacted Haltech and pointed some of small things that could greatly improve usability... No reaction.
Haltech log viewer is just joke, I couldn't use it after Zeitronix dataloger. So I developed my own datalog viewer and some Haltech owners use it instead of Haltech's...

So, now I have opinion that Haltech ECU is still good thing, but not user friendly at all and after many years of development it is not still finished.

PS: I tell once again... THAT problem is not TUNING problem. Something just acted not like it should. I'll be back with AEM, marren fuel pressure damper and 720cc in a month.

turbo joe

Aug 14, 2007
Corona, CA
www.turbojoe.com
Their software is pretty nasty...but they do work.

I haven't seen a standalone ECU that wasn't capable of being tuned. They'll all get the job done if you hit the correct keys. :) Some are certainly easier than others, but they'll all work, provided they have enough drivers for your application.

Do you think the box is defective...or are you just sick of the software. The former isn't likely...the latter, I can't say I blame you.