Fuel Wash Problem

Project-X

Jan 4, 2008
Toronto
Hey guys i recently bought my first 91 mk3 from japan has a stock 1jz in it. what i didnt realize when i bought it in november is that my intercooler had a big nasty hole in it (like previous owner or shipping company ran sumthing over) anyways apparently this hole caused fuel wash in my car. the car runs at 3psi with that hole in the intercooler rather then the stock 6-7psi. my question to you 1j pros is would the cars ecu feed the car enough gas (full throttle at 3 psi) that it wud flood the motor and cause bad fuel wash? i ripped the intercooler out yesterday and its getting welded today at a friends work so im gunna reinstall it and see how it runs. let me know what you guys think

~ Justin

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Project-X;982499 said:
my question to you 1j pros is would the cars ecu feed the car enough gas (full throttle at 3 psi) that it would flood the motor and cause bad fuel wash?

No, the motor is MAP based, boost leaks don't effect the fuel....

Project-X

Jan 4, 2008
Toronto
ok thanks guys, i got the welded up cooler in my hands right now :icon_bigg everyone told me if i fix it itll fix my problem so thanks for everyones comments ill keep u posted if sumthing is still wrong