Fuel Pump rewiring question

Dragk913

Broke Supra Owner
Dec 26, 2006
South Houston, Texas
www.myspace.com
I wasn't sure where I should post this but...

I'm pretty slow when it comes to electrical things so I was wondering if someone could help straighten this fuel pump wiring thing out.

On the resistor, there are 2 wires that connect to it. Am I supposed to take those 2 wires and connect them straight, rather than letting them run through the resistor?

Thanks for the clarification!

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Dragk913 said:
I wasn't sure where I should post this but...

I'm pretty slow when it comes to electrical things so I was wondering if someone could help straighten this fuel pump wiring thing out.

On the resistor, there are 2 wires that connect to it. Am I supposed to take those 2 wires and connect them straight, rather than letting them run through the resistor?

Thanks for the clarification!
Are you talking about the FP resistor mod? If so you can take a insulated jumper wire the same gauge and just stick it in the female ends of the connector.

Dragk913

Broke Supra Owner
Dec 26, 2006
South Houston, Texas
www.myspace.com
AJ'S 88NA said:
Are you talking about the FP resistor mod? If so you can take a insulated jumper wire the same gauge and just stick it in the female ends of the connector.

I think I'm talking about that mod. All I know is it gives you voltage all the time, without having to put in a bunch of new wires.

I might be completely wrong, like I said. Electrical+me=sucky sucky bad bad

Edit: Here's where I got the idea from the 1st 2 posts:http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30376&highlight=fuel+pump+rewire

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Yep, with a jumper wire the same gauge as the wire you see there is the easiest way. Just plug it into the female end.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
No problem although I have to give credit to CRE for helping me do the mod. I'm a little electricly challanged myself.