Fuel pump relay

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
Ok so i got a 88 7mgte 5spd, now for some reason my fuel pump relay is getting only .16v and its only at .16 during crank and just leaving the car at the on position, now i know its a short some where, but what should i normally be getting for voltage? My car wont start and if manually jump the fuel pump, it acts lile there is way too much fuel and wont start, i just rebuilt my motor and have not got it running since then, i do have spark, compression and injectors working, i hear back firinh when it tries to start and smell fuel running through, i just feel that jumping it puts way too much fuel. No internet for me to check through tsrm and using a friends phone to get as mich info but phone is too slow to find out anything

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
There are two pump relays. Which one are you measuring, and what pins are you measuring.

Jumping the pump is no different than what happens when it cranks. The fuel pump does not run unless the car is cranking or the engine is spinning. Toyota's do not prime. If you have "too much fuel" from manually jumping then you have other issues not related to the pump.

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
Check-in term I do have 12v coming from the +b. I checked the yellow wire which is FP and get no voltage, same with others, now this is the fuel pump relay that's on the passenger fender, not the open circuit relay. Now if I manually jump +B AND FP the pump turns on and If I try to start it, it just tries but doesn't catch, I heat back fire and smell fuel