fuel pump relay

Zero_Sama

May 17, 2013
killeen
i have an 88 supra turbo and it has a push start button. now whenever i flip the switch to turn on all the elctronics in the car my fuel pump makes this buzzing noise almost as if though it was a bee. i know i need a new ECU but i was wondering if anyone could shed some light into telling me what is wrong with it. i have also heard of a couple mods that you can do to the fuel system due to the cut off problem MKIII have. any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Zero_Sama

May 17, 2013
killeen
then perhaps maybe you can answer this, when i turn my car on it turns and starts then dies. i know its not my idle speed control valve cause i changed that but the car isnt giving me any codes. actually the engine code light wont even come on when i turn the car on.

charman02

Cruiser
Oct 14, 2008
Fresno
Try raising rpm with gas pedal once it gets started to prevent it from dying. It could also be intake air leak after the AFM or EGR stuck on. There's actually a lot of variables

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
jetjock;1947704 said:
Uh, no. The fuel system in these cars doesn't prime. Schematics don't lie. He has a problem, likely wiring related.
unless he has his system set up to prime which some people have done with this car
which is what I was assuming he did

how long after your car starts does it die...is it immediately?

Zero_Sama

May 17, 2013
killeen
i dont know how to know if it is set up that way though. as far as im concerned no its not set up to prime. a lot of people have been telling me that im having all these issues because the car has a push start button.
I have an update on the car, i pulled the EFI fuse under the hood and it was blown. i know to replace the EFI fuse but what could cause it to blow? could this be why my car is doing what its doing?

Last edited:

Zero_Sama

May 17, 2013
killeen
no i didnt do when i bought the car it was already like that. when i bought it the guy said that the AFM sensor needed to be replaced and that once i did that the car would go back to running like it was supposed to but i bought it replaced it and nothing so at this point im at a loss. ive also heard that if you check engine light doesnt come on at all even when you turn the switch to start all the electrical components it means you need a new ECU. any ideas?

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
honestly I'm not sure about the ecu part but maybe another member will
have you checked for any codes?
does it die immediately after you start it?

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
More pie JJ?

If the fuel pump buzzes with the engine stopped it is not working as designed by Toyota. Someone has modified it.

EFI fuse can blow if the +B lead is shorted due to worn insulation. Common wear points are the O2 sensor harness and the main engine harness near the EGR.

Zero_Sama

May 17, 2013
killeen
ok so i have to replace the fuel pump? it only buzzes when i flip the switch to turn on the electrical components. a buddy of mine brought his ECU and the damn thing stopped buzzing and ran. only problem is i had to give it gas for it to want to start. like if the cold start sensor wasnt kicking in right or something or do you just naturally have to give it a little bit of gas every time it hasnt been started in a while like a day or the night?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
charman02;1947709 said:
Mine primes. But I'm running a AEM EMS

That's brilliant. Thank you.

BryanDyer;1947778 said:
..unless he has his system set up to prime which some people have done with this car which is what I was assuming he did...

So a guy who set his system up to prime is unable to fix what's now wrong. Or the odds favor a PO doing it over the car being stock. Got it.

3p141592654;1947913 said:
More pie JJ?

Lol. Indeed. When are we going to learn? The threads worth getting involved in become fewer by the day.

OP: Find someone who knows what they're doing. Pay them if needed. It's abundantly clear you have pretty much zero (pun intended) chance of fixing this.

Zero_Sama

May 17, 2013
killeen
why is it that whenever someone gives their opinnion assholes like you come in and just shit on everyone. good fucking lord. im simply asking for guidance cause you know what i really dont want to pay someone to do it. if other people who know the car and the problems why cant i ask them for help. your that fucking guy who goes to high school and was a douschebag just to look cool in front of his buddies. look man if your going to be a fucking cock go to someone elses thread there are people who like to help doesnt matter if it does matter getting involved in. people join the fucking forums because they want to help other people and thats what matters to them. doesnt matter to you fuck off then.fixed the car BTW. did need a new ecu and a fuel pump relay without having to pay someone else to do it cause i rebuilt the engine, only thing i didnt was polish and shit to the heads. fucking idiot.