fuel pump relay no power

tsparks01

Jun 6, 2008
queens new york
i have ahd this issue for a month now...car starts but does not stay on, fuel pump works, i did the fp +b, 15 amp efi fuse gets power manin efi get and gives power....but fuel pump relay do sent get power,,,now when i open the air intake flap i hear the pump pumping but it does not prime so i pulled down the tand and ran direct power to the pump and it works. so now i have to find out y the fp relay is not getting power....

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Not sure I fully understand your exotic use of the language but if the pump runs when the AFM flap is pushed in the fuel pump relay/circuit *has* to be working. You may want to think about how pushing the flap in differs from when the engine is running and pulling it in. And I think you and the other guy from Queens should team up. Think of the possibilities...

tsparks01

Jun 6, 2008
queens new york
jetjock;1257075 said:
not sure i fully understand your exotic use of the language but if the pump runs when the afm flap is pushed in the fuel pump relay/circuit *has* to be working. You may want to think about how pushing the flap in differs from when the engine is running and pulling it in. And i think you and the other guy from queens should team up. Think of the possibilities...

u know its kind of funny that they dudes that think they now everything and the ones that have nothing better to do with their time, so its either ur a dick or just a guy with too much time on his hands, so its either u help or just ignore my trend. If i open the flap its direct power to the fuel pump and the cor is suppose to act like a switch in between, so if its not getting and power with the power on ignition then something is wrong...its either main efi, cor or pump relay.....but now i notice that i get no oil pressure on the gage so i am wondering and i know the nerd will problem no this, but if i get no oil pressure, does the ecu think that the car was in a accident and shut off the power to the cor?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Ok, you win. It's possible the ECU thinks the car was in an accident and shut off the COR. In doing so it also shut off the auxiliary electric priming pump below the center valve cover. That in turn will prevent ignition because, you know, a lack of oil pressure would be bad. To reset the COR you'll need to locate the G switch (accelerometer) and jumper pins 29 and 54 for 3 minutes with the EFI fuse removed. It's above the steering column next to the wiper control relay. If you have a power driver's seat it must be all the way forward when doing this...

tsparks01

Jun 6, 2008
queens new york
jetjock;1258285 said:
Ok, you win. It's possible the ECU thinks the car was in an accident and shut off the COR. In doing so it also shut off the auxiliary electric priming pump below the center valve cover. That in turn will prevent ignition because, you know, a lack of oil pressure would be bad. To reset the COR you'll need to locate the G switch (accelerometer) and jumper pins 29 and 54 for 3 minutes with the EFI fuse removed. It's above the steering column next to the wiper control relay. If you have a power driver's seat it must be all the way forward when doing this...

sorry, how exactly am i suppose to reset the g-switch? and isn't the wiper control relay on the passenger side of the car?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
high.jpg

tsparks01

Jun 6, 2008
queens new york
jetjock;1258285 said:

i am not sure of what exactly what i need to do here, you want me to find the g switch and jump the pins 29 and 54 for 3 min? but what does it look like and how do i jump it exactly?