fuel pump problems

turbodan

Aug 27, 2009
Roan Mtn, TN
ok today i just finished up my head gasket job and everything else and here i am trying to start it and it wont start. ive checked all fuses and wiring they are good. so what do i do now? bad fuel pump or what.:3d_frown:

RedGT

Aug 18, 2006
Baltimore, MD
You need 3 basic things for a gasoline engine to run. spark, fuel and compression. check to see if you have spark, then check your fuel pressure. then compression test. Assuming you have ruled out all stupid reasons for a no start. It does crank right?

turbodan

Aug 27, 2009
Roan Mtn, TN
RedGT;1413015 said:
You need 3 basic things for a gasoline engine to run. spark, fuel and compression. check to see if you have spark, then check your fuel pressure. then compression test. Assuming you have ruled out all stupid reasons for a no start. It does crank right?

I got good spark and compression but no fuel pressure basicly no fuel at all but i took the fuel gauge thing out of the gas tank and i noticed it was badly rusted so i think thats my problem. i can spray gas into the 3000 pipe and it will fire right up and run as long as im spraying gas.

Last edited: