fuel pump issue and stinger issue **not related**

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
alright i have to issues going on that i cant seem to solve:

1. im running dual walbro fuel pumps ive put one on a 5 plug relay and the other a 4. the one on the 5 plug relay works perfect but for some reason the one ive got hooked up on the 4 wont kick on. here the run down on how i have the 4 relay hooked up [30 = +12], [86 = ground], [87 = fuel pump], [85 = relay power supply] and the pumps are grounded out on the fp hanger.

on to the next prob....

2. i just wired up my stinger ems the car gets power everything seems to be working properly but cant fully test b/c i cant connect my labtop to the stinger ems im using the 9pin connector. anyone have any idea why i cant connect?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You have to run the software that comes with your serial port adapter. I don't know all of the terminology, but when I bought mine I had to download the software and it worked perfectly. Then about two months later it wouldn't connect again, and I downloaded the software again and it's worked every since. Good luck.

First problem......can't you just hook up another five prong relay to it? I bought one from Advance for ten dollars.

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
i can hook up another...but i already had a 4...if noone else has a solution monday i guess i will grab another 5 from napa

i will try reinstalling the the serial port software and see what happens

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Did you try to configure the com port on the stinger to the right one?

Also when the relay is on, did you test for any voltage output from the relay into the fuel pump? You should be able to use a multimeter and see if you are getting voltage out from the relay into the fuel pump.

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
well fixed the fuel pump problem apparently the relay ground wires didnt like being tied into each other....still having problems connecting to the ems tho....also wondering if anyone can tell me the if pin 1 in the ems harness is located on the bottom right hand side when plugged in.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
yes it is. The bottom right hand side while looking at the back of the stinger is a grey wire with black stripe.

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
WOOOT....got the green light...stinger is finally working with my labtop....now my only question is why the ecu says v4 on the outside and uses v3 instead.

cant forget to give props to suprahero for the assistance

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
blackkarma;1218307 said:
WOOOT....got the green light...stinger is finally working with my labtop....now my only question is why the ecu says v4 on the outside and uses v3 instead.

cant forget to give props to suprahero for the assistance

Sounds like you have the V4 ECU and the V3 software. You can download the V4 software from their website, although I prefer the V3 software.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I don't know if I have seen the V3 software. I think that's what Mark had when I visited him though. I'm just now getting used to this V4, so I don't think I can change..........:aigo:

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
just dropping alittle info i came across today on how to tell what stinger software version you should use.....if your serial starts with 1-use version 1, 2-use version 2, 43 and lower-use version 3 and if it begins with 44 or higher version 4.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
blackkarma;1218482 said:
they are almost identical in features just a few changes from what i can tell...and of course the display has been changed up some...

V3 had an option to add fuel (using a pull down menu) during start up and it was done away with on V4. With V4, you have to isolate the cells used during start up (in the fuel map) and add fuel there. Much easier with V3