fuel pump hardwire?

Poboy69

Apr 20, 2009
Texas
Ok, probobly not the correct way to do this but I want to be sure before I ditch the idea.

I have a 4gauge power wire running from the battery to the rear hatch area. I plan on running it into a fused power block with (4) 8gauge outputs each on their own seperate fuse.

Need to know if it's a bad idea to run my stereo system and fuel pumps to the power block even though they are seperatly fused?

If yes, then will adding a large capacitor for the amps make a difference?

If this setup is going to cause random voltage drops then I will run a seperate power wire to the pumps, just trying to make it look clean first!

Any help would be apreciated!!:naughty:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Capacitor does nothing for either the audio system or the fuel pump.

Unless you are pulling more than 1380 watts from amplifiers. You can run the fuel pump and the stereo stuff from the same fused distribution block.

only thing to keep in mind is that the fuel pump MIGHT introduce feedback into the stereo system.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
def run the pump seperate...any size sub is going to pull power from the system. the fuel pump is just one of those things you dont want to share power with

toyzforme

I need deeper pockets
Jan 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
I have my shit running off the same wire and the only problem I ran into is on long trips the relay for the pump will quit working after shutting down the car. Of course I have the 12V relay mod done. So I just have a spare relay I swap out and bam I got fuel pressure again. I might put a bigger relay in there and see if that helps or not. I only have a 30A relay now.