fuel pump and FPR kit OR injectors and lex AFM?

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
got a budget for my build for now and was wondering what i should upgrade first? i wish i could buy it all at once but for the time being what would you guys suggest?

car is a 91' with turbo elbow,tanabe DP,test pipe,tanabe CB,driftmotion IC,stock ct26 8-10lbs boost,greedy E boost controller,apexi afc neo,Zeitronix wideband kit,apr head studs and composite HG

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
ID get the fuel pump first.

Lex housing is cheap.

The afpr kit could be cheaper if used.

And precision has decently priced injectors new.

Cant up more boost with a lex and injectors without a good quality fuel pump to feed the injectors.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Fuel first! Gives you more time to think about MAFT-pro

Your mistake was going with the NEO first. It really can't do much for you right now. But, I guess you will need something to tune with once you get the Lex/550.

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
ill just end up getting the afpr kit new to be on the safe side. i know i said "budget" but iv had bad luck with used stuff :( yes the lex housing is cheap but the injectors are not. I'm just trying to get this car set up so its better tuned. plus iv heard that even though the stock 440's are bout max'ed, that the up'd pressure from the pump and using a regulated help out with getting that little bit more outta the stock 440's? ill also be adding the FDP hose if i go the pump and regulator route and injectors and lex AFM are deff next on my list

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
maft pro yeah iv thought bout that long and hard and i still like that option a lot more than the LEX AFM, but not trying to make a huge amount of hp right now

Last edited: