Fuel Pulsation Damper Union Bolt Size and removal tips?

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Hi again!

Does anyone know the size of the union bolt that is under (part of?) the Pulsation Damper on the 7M-GTE fuel rail? I found one thread that said 19mm, but this is not correct. (Need to know what size wrench to buy.)

I am also looking for tips on removal and reinstallation. It looks like you cannot use a socket, so I am wondering how I am going to be able to torque it to spec when I put everything back together.

Thanks as always!

Update: Confirmed today that the Fuel Pulsation Damper Union Bolt is 22mm.

Last edited:

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
pretty sure it was a 22 or 23mm size bolt. I'd recommend taking it of before unbolting the fuel rail. It is usually quite tight so use some wd40 :)

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Adjustable wrench got it off nicely. Thanks to all that suggested that!

Took the part to Sears and confirmed it is 22mm.

And I got a 22mm crowsfoot wrench to put it back on with thanks to Nick's suggestion. Torque will be respected and I learned something new!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
loc182;1967332 said:
Torque will be respected and I learned something new!

If you do not reach the force needed to crush the copper gasket, fuel will spray. Force in a rotation motion is torque.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
I had assumed the torque value was determined by Toyota to result in the gaskets crushing to form a seal without damaging the part or the threads, but Toyota doesn't exactly have a clean track record with published torque values on our cars :p

Happily there have been no fuel leaks since I put everything back together, but with fuel system parts do you recommend a little extra torque to be safe?