Fuel pressure to high – stock

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
My prosport gauge reads 40 vac on and 50 vac off, 60 wot.
(need to confirm with mechanical gauge)

Entire fuel system is stock except injectors, 550.
Pump, filter, damper, regulator, j-tube, fp relay and resistor, fp vsv, all stock.

New filter (2yr old).

My guess is a restriction in the return line.? Maybe some debris got in when replacing my fpd.

Any other possibilities?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
First confirm with a mechanical gauge. FPR and/or J-tube would be high on my list.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Time to calibrate my prosport.

Thanks jdub for your response.

I used this opportunity to install my driftmotion afpr kit, that I've only had setting on the shelf for a year or so. Gauge on it reads 30 while prosport reads 40. It's crazy cause I don't know what would have cause it to get un-calibrated. Previously to installing the prosport, I checked pressure with a actron gauge and it was fine and prosport read fine when installed. Who knows :dunno:

Now I need to install my MKIV pump :naughty:

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
I received my new PS (prosport) pressure sensor and it showed the same 40psi. They told me my mechanical gauge may be bad.
My setup: PS sensor is in CSI banjo bolt, mechanical is in Aeromotive AFPR. (no j-tube)
I took the other PS sensor and installed in AFPR. Both the sensor in the CSI bolt and AFPR register 40psi.
So I think the mechanical may be wrong. I install a schrader valve in the AFPR and hook up my Actron gauge. It shows 35psi.
Now I have three different readings. Fine; So I set the pressure to 28psi on the Actron which is about 33psi on the PS.
all these readings are with vac on

But now the ECU is not happy. I reset it and VF is 5v operating temp idle after 20 minutes driving. (don't know what it was at crusising)
My wideband sensor is messed up at the moment so no reading there but at operating temp idle vac is 20 and egt is ~840°F
Note: When the PS was reading 40psi VF was 2.25.

edit: Mod list for reference -
◊ k&n fipk ◊ cartech ic series 2 ◊ defcon ic hardpipes ◊ bosch 110 & blitz ss ◊ lexus afm ◊ pte 550 injectors ◊ aeromotive afpr ◊ ct26 50trim no clip ◊ becauseican 3"dp ◊ exhaust depot 3" high flow cat ◊ raptor 3" cat back ◊ magnaflow 12198 ◊ arp head bolts ◊ hks mls hg 2mm ◊ ngk plugs ◊ msd 8.5mm ◊ ati super damper ◊ spec stage2 clutch ◊ fidanza aluminum flywheel ◊ hks tt ◊ hks evc iv ◊ greddy rebic lc cpu-ii ◊ zeitronix zt-2 ◊ prosport fp gauge ◊ g-tech pro rr ◊

Last edited: