Fuel pressure issue

kayledao

Mar 19, 2007
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
I was able to start and run the car two days ago. I ran out of gas. Now I cannot get any fuel pressure like the ump isn't working. I have tried jumping the diagnostic block that did nothing. I tried running power straight from the battery to the pump nothing. I figure that the pump is garbage and needs to be replaced. The odd thing is every so often it will spurt gas from the line. Very very hit or miss. Could there be a ground I am missing somewhere. Could it be the relay in the pass. Kick panel? This issue is driving me batty. I need to get her up and running so I can take it to the garage and repair the brake line and power steering low pressure hose. Seeing as my driveway is covered now with all sorts of various fluids and don't really wanna crawl under it.

And to replace the fuel pump drop the tank replace pump and reinstall tank. Anybody out there cut an access hole in the hatch to make this much easier to do. And if an additional hole is cut for the fuel pump will that significantly affect the rear unibody?

ClutchRR

Apr 12, 2012
Slidell, LA
dropping that tank is very easy takes 10 mins. but before you do so its an access hole in your hatch open it up and un plug your pump check for power at the connector before you change out a pump

kayledao

Mar 19, 2007
I have checked for power at the two pin connector and I have power there j am pretty sure it's the pump. I have been having the intermittent fuel pressure issue for a while. And I want to cut an access hole because the strap bolts are rusted and twisting when I try to remove them and before I Break something and have no gas tank. I wanna try and replace the pump. I already have another pump. I figure that if I am very careful I should be able to cut the hole with the tank in the car.

kayledao

Mar 19, 2007
Well I am almost certain the fuel pump is now dead. With the cold coming and leaves beginning to fall. I think it's time to put her away till the spring. At least she started once this year. Till next year when I fix all my leaks and replace the fuel pump.

kayledao

Mar 19, 2007
Just an update turns put that the fuel pump is still working somehow the ground on the top of the tank broke off and it wasn't grounding out the pump anymore. From what it looked like I am shocked she drove at all in the last couple of years. Fuel pump rewired now I just have to replace the rear brake lines and the power steering return line and I think I can drive her again.