Fuel lines

jammasterstan

Sep 5, 2008
Cincinnati
Wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of some good fuel lines. I just finished wiring everything up for my 2jz-ge swap into my 88 and i went to put it in accessory to see if stuff would power on and it did but it started leaking fuel onto the floor, looks like I had a rusted out fuel line, could someone point me in the right direction for some nice good fuel lines?

jammasterstan

Sep 5, 2008
Cincinnati
I want to go after market because I want to have some future expandability (bigger fuel pump currently using the stock mk3 one) its just I've never had to replace fuel lines before so I'm not sure where to look for good quality lines. any help would be greatly appreciated.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
you have to know how much power you want to make later on to know what size fuel line to use. most people use steel braided lines, -6 AN for 600hp, -8 AN for 800hp, and -10 AN for 1000hp

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
Summit racing is one of the best places i have found online that has a massive inventory. They have great prices, lightning fast shipping, and great customer support if you ever need anything. They have everything from the lines, to the pump,fittings, and filters you will need for the kit.

www.summitracing.com

jammasterstan

Sep 5, 2008
Cincinnati
alright thanks, now that I have that problem fixed Im still having problems starting it...
When I connected the fuel lines I connected them to the most logical locations where the hoses from the 7m were positioned, but now when the fuel pump turns on it sounds like a suction sound coming from the fuel rail, could it be that I have the fuel lines backwards?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i hope not.. the feed goes straight from the fuel pump and the return goes straight to the tank... low pressure = return, high pressure = feed.

it took a bit of cranking for me to get it started the first time but double check timing and your spark if it doesnt