Fuel Line Issue

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
So, my pump hanger started leaking from rust. Replaced it and the rubber line from the hanger to the filter is leaking. This is discontinued from Toyota.

Are there any alternatives to replacing hose? Banjo fitting at filter and I assume metric at hanger line.

Just wondering if anyone replaced with something different.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
I'm quoting a guy who's quoting Curt @ Elmhurst Toyota: the thread pitch for the fuel pump/tank hangar to that flex hose, AND the inlet to the fuel pump, is metric 14x1.25. The outlet of the fuel pump is 12x1.25.

JJ is right, you'll have to buy the metric to A/N fittings or whatever you need for your new fuel pump, and metric to barb fittings for the tank hangar. Then run new fuel line from the barb fitting to your new fuel filter.

edit: Although there were rumblings that it was not 14x1.25, it was instead a 14x1.5 metric inverted flare. Hopefully someone can chime in and confirm.

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Filter end is a 12x1.25 I think.

Yes, the overpriced flex hose. Cant use barb fittings.

I have one shop here that makes hoses. Will see this morning if they can do it. I know theyll have the 14mm fitting, not sure about the banjo fitting. Maybe a 90 deg fitting with same thread. But of course, it will be a royal pain to get on.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
^ Agree although it's been done. For example all the lines (including the injectors) on my DMC-12's Bosch CIS are barbed and they run at 70 psi. Has to be the proper hose though. At minimum add a screw clamp for backup but best to avoid it altogether.

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Pushlock hose supposedly rated to 100psi. I just hate wasting money on fittings and braided line for this.

I plan on running new line later when I'm ready to redo the underside of car.

So I'm making a piece with braided line and some fittings. Tired of car sitting.