Fuel Leak. Found it, now what?

skim1040

work in progress
The gasket from my gas filler pipe (pipe that goes from the gas door to the tank)
is way leaky, so time for a change.

But, Can I get the filler pipe out of the tank all the way without dropping the tank?
FI_092.gif

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
how did you come to the conclusion that that was leaking? my cabin smells like gas all the time. i dont have a charcoal canister anymore. could that be the problem? or can i just drill a hole through my gas cap to let out fumes?

dont mean to steal this thread. sorry. i just thought that since were kinda on the same subject, i would'nt need to start a new thread.

ed.d.

skim1040

work in progress
MDCmotorsports;885598 said:
You know, if you'd stop asking stupid questions that you already have the answer to, you would already be done.

Stupid question? I didn't think so...

But thanks for the help...tank is now in the garage

and to super secret,
I made the conclusion when there was a puddle of fuel on the ground and a slow drip from the side of the tank :D

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
super.secret.supra.club;885604 said:
how did you come to the conclusion that that was leaking? my cabin smells like gas all the time. i dont have a charcoal canister anymore. could that be the problem? or can i just drill a hole through my gas cap to let out fumes?

dont mean to steal this thread. sorry. i just thought that since were kinda on the same subject, i would'nt need to start a new thread.

ed.d.

Drill a hole in the gas cap? Yikes.
Buy a vented gas cap.