fuel cut?

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Ok, so I just got my car back from getting custom IC pipes and mounts made for my new intercooler. . .installed my greddy BOV flange and took the car for a ride. . .first thing that happens, IC pipe pops off. . .so I pull all the pipes and put them back on myself making sure that everything is tight. Take it for another test drive and it pulls great only it seems like it stalls at about 5000 in second and 4500-4800 in third, didn't quite have the room to try 4th or 5th, lol.

Anyways, it'll pull all the way thru 1st but won't hold all the way thru second or third without cutting or stalling or whatever. I am running 10 psi and have adjusted the bov adjustment screw to about 3/4 of the way in trying to make sure it wasn't the bov making it stall like that but i don't believe it is. Well, let me know if you all think its fuel cut or what, just trying to get the old supra running good!

Last edited:

koulee

Oct 11, 2005
Does the check engine light come on? Did you check to see if it was throwing any codes?

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
No CEL, I just got done checking all of the couplers and everything and they seem fine the only one i didn't check is the one coming directly off of the turbo because that ones pretty tough to get to, lol. . .that could be it though. I did find one clamp that was a bit loose and tightened it up really good and its not cutting out nearly as bad now. It holds through 2nd and cuts at the top of third now, so I could still have just a bit of a boost leak. I'm using old school clamps right now too so its hard to get them really tight. I'm about to order some t-bolts.

BTW someone said something about the bov, I don't think its that. It seems to be working properly, but I could be wrong. I guess I'll know more once I get some t-bolt clamps in.

Thanks

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Fuel cut happens when the airflow meter hits a certain frequency under certain conditions. If you are not putting the air through the engine, which is a huge restriction, flow goes way up, and you hit fuel cut quickly. That is why it could be an intake leak.

Or your set up is moving more air and you need to move to Lex/MAFT/EMan, etc.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
Well going along with what Nick was saying, You should go ahead and check your AFM adjustment screw to see how much unmetered air is getting in or what not. If you've fixed your IC pipes/clamps and it still does it, I would check out the AFM screw.

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I ordered some t-bolt clamps, I'm gonna leave everything how it is and just not drive it too hard until I get them in and see how that goes because the old school clamps suck. If that doesn't fix it, I'll adjust the afm screw and see how that goes. hopefully I'll get it all figured out soon

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
yeah it sounds like you are running really rich. fuel cut you would know. it feels like you hit a brick wall and the CEL will come on briefly.
worst case, i could meet you up somewhere and see what we can figure out w it.

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
dbsupra90 said:
yeah it sounds like you are running really rich. fuel cut you would know. it feels like you hit a brick wall and the CEL will come on briefly.
worst case, i could meet you up somewhere and see what we can figure out w it.

You in Louisville? Are you the guy I talked to on AIM a while back? It's fuel cut that I am hitting though, the car totally cuts out for a second and the CEL does come on for about 5 seconds and goes back off. I tried adjusting my AFM just to see if that would help. It did just a little bit but it's still cutting out. I wouldn't think this should happen at 10psi, anyways any help would be great.
Thanks

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
bstevenson said:
You in Louisville? Are you the guy I talked to on AIM a while back? It's fuel cut that I am hitting though, the car totally cuts out for a second and the CEL does come on for about 5 seconds and goes back off. I tried adjusting my AFM just to see if that would help. It did just a little bit but it's still cutting out. I wouldn't think this should happen at 10psi, anyways any help would be great.
Thanks

yep thats me. i'll pm you my number.