fuel cut

juggy61

Jan 18, 2006
Sheridan
yes but im doing a GTE swap and i didnt know if upgrading just the fuel pump and an afpr would raise fuel cut or do you have to go to speed density or the lexus AFM Swap?

juggy61

Jan 18, 2006
Sheridan
divorced downpipe, full 3in exaust, MHG, intercooller hardpipes, boost controler....but this would get me to about 12psi then fuel cut.....i wasnt sure if a upgraded fuel pump would raise this?

I would like to be around 320rwhp.......my dads got a 2001 Trans Am and hes full of it and i would enjoy seeing him in my rearview mirror.

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
I dont think just a walbro and afpr will kill fuel cut.... I dont think you would have a problem at 12 psi with thoses mods.... I was running a similar set up at 12 psi and no fuel cut, I did have a afpr but no walbro... Hopefully others will jump in and give there advise!!!

juggy61

Jan 18, 2006
Sheridan
agghhhh your killin me!:cry: lol well i guess ill just have to experiment with it and figure out what psi i can run.

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
juggy61 said:
If i upgrade to a walbro fuel pump and a afpr will that raise fuel cut?

Fuel cut is electronic, not really related to the fuel system. So on its own, it won't make any difference at all.

Only way to use the pump and afpr to raise fuel cut, is to increase the fuel pressure to the injectors with your afpr and fool the intake sensor into showing less air being used to the ECU than it really is.

But at your stage, fuel cut should be least of your worries.