fuel cut!?!?!

T34418L3ONE

Supra for brains.....
Jul 3, 2005
Pleasanton
alright i cant help but to hit fuel cut. I have a mbc (hks) and i cant turn the boost down. I have a downpipe, catback, and hks intake? help please?

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
T34418L3ONE said:
alright i cant help but to hit fuel cut. I have a mbc (hks) and i cant turn the boost down. I have a downpipe, catback, and hks intake? help please?

You can't turn it down because your mods are letting the air flow trhough your motor too fast. You might be able to raise it a little by backing the air screw out some (on bottom of your stock AFM). If that doesn't do it, it's time for fuel & air mods.....

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
pressure test the intake system. :) or, look for cracks, splits, loose couplers, etc...

-shaeff

T34418L3ONE

Supra for brains.....
Jul 3, 2005
Pleasanton
i have a wideband, but i cant stay in boost long enough to tell due to the fuel cut. Shaeff what would i do to pressure test it? hook up an air fitting somwhere in the intake trac and just put a plate over where my air filter hooks up?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
get a piece of tubing that fits over the turbo inlet, clamp it there, go to home depot, get a PVC pipe "end" (the ones used to block off the pipe) drill a hole in it, put a valve stem in there, clamp it onto the other end of said tube, and pressurize with 15-20psi, listen for leaks, hissing, etc... you could also drill another hole in the end, and put a pressure gauge on (like a compression check gauge, the screw in type, with it's valve stem REMOVED) so that you could just watch for pressure drop as well. :)

-shaeff