Fuel-cut question need help

Tura_1JZ

Supra down the block
Aug 26, 2009
miami
I have a 1JZ on a single gt35-r on a stock ecu , I bought the car like this. Im not certain on the injectors they're greenish gray(not the stock yellow 330cc) and it has a turbonetics wastegate, Im not sure what fuel pump its running either but the car boost 11lbs and spikes to 16lbs when it breaks up(fuel cut?). I have an autometer AFR guage on it that I monitor and its in the green when im in full throttle then it breaks up when the boost spikes. I have a SAFC-2 handy and im installing it soon. My question is; am I hitting fuel cut?

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
Tura_1JZ;1433059 said:
I have a 1JZ on a single gt35-r on a stock ecu , I bought the car like this. Im not certain on the injectors they're greenish gray(not the stock yellow 330cc) and it has a turbonetics wastegate, Im not sure what fuel pump its running either but the car boost 11lbs and spikes to 16lbs when it breaks up(fuel cut?). I have an autometer AFR guage on it that I monitor and its in the green when im in full throttle then it breaks up when the boost spikes. I have a SAFC-2 handy and im installing it soon. My question is; am I hitting fuel cut?

if your injectors are greenish gray then they are probably the jdm 440s, sounds like your hitting fuel cut because it creeps to 16 psi. fuel cut usually hits around 14-15 psi, try to figure out why your car is boost creeping. check the wastegate and vacuum lines

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Is it breaking up or feeling like its hitting a brick wall when you get to a certain rpm/boost level? Breaking up would indicate most likely an ignition issue, if you feel like your hitting a brick wall that would be fuel cut, can you explain a little more? On 16psi on a 35r with 440s you shouldn't be hitting fuel cut unless your voltage to your pump is dropping drastically, is the fp mod done. More info would help us help you out.

Tura_1JZ

Supra down the block
Aug 26, 2009
miami
86_sports_1jz;1433142 said:
if your injectors are greenish gray then they are probably the jdm 440s, sounds like your hitting fuel cut because it creeps to 16 psi. fuel cut usually hits around 14-15 psi, try to figure out why your car is boost creeping. check the wastegate and vacuum lines

my wastegate is the problem for the leak. It leaks from the bottom chamber and thats after i put in the new diaphram( Turbonetics 44mm) I just ordered a Tial 44mm.

Tura_1JZ

Supra down the block
Aug 26, 2009
miami
apexi287;1433912 said:
Is it breaking up or feeling like its hitting a brick wall when you get to a certain rpm/boost level? Breaking up would indicate most likely an ignition issue, if you feel like your hitting a brick wall that would be fuel cut, can you explain a little more? On 16psi on a 35r with 440s you shouldn't be hitting fuel cut unless your voltage to your pump is dropping drastically, is the fp mod done. More info would help us help you out.

no fuel mod done yet,(driftmotion fuel kit) Thats my next thing after i get the new wastegate. I just got my S-afc2 so thats 1 out of the way. Yea it breaks up , the car has these E3s plugs so i was told by the last owner. I have no idea what pump it has, I suspect a supra TT pump cause the walbros are loud.( I have the rear trunk carpet removed and still cant hear)

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Get a wideband don't rely on a A/f gauge, the way you described it sounds like you have a narrow band. I'd throw in some good NGK 4464 plugs as well. Also that bad wastegate could be contributing to your issue too, fix your known issues and go from there.

Tura_1JZ

Supra down the block
Aug 26, 2009
miami
apexi287;1434582 said:
Get a wideband don't rely on a A/f gauge, the way you described it sounds like you have a narrow band. I'd throw in some good NGK 4464 plugs as well. Also that bad wastegate could be contributing to your issue too, fix your known issues and go from there.

Im gonna get on it, I'll keep u guys updated