Fuel cut at low boost, very low boost!

JoeSupra

Sup guys! Well heres the latest problem. I just recently installed my 57 trim with 2.5 hardpipes to a spearco style intercooler, with ported 3inch turboelbow and the rsr gt2 exhaust. When im at wot around 5k the car will hit fuel cut wen im pushin anywhere between 8-11 psi of boost. I dont think its a boost leak cause my car idles fine. When I first did the hardpipes I remember I didnt tighten one clamp tight enough so my car wouldnt idle right. Im at stock boost right now and I think I havent hit fuel cut on this boost level. Does anybody know what it could be?

NeatOman

Never know enough!
Oct 5, 2006
Addison, IL
When you get a bigger turbo that flows more and an exhaust that does the same you get rid of back pressure thus reducing PSI in you're manifold. Sounds like Fuel cut. Time for some electronics. I am personally going with a MAFT-pro setup.

JoeSupra

NeatOman said:
When you get a bigger turbo that flows more and an exhaust that does the same you get rid of back pressure thus reducing PSI in you're manifold. Sounds like Fuel cut. Time for some electronics. I am personally going with a MAFT-pro setup.

Shit! I really didnt want to here that. If anythin I would do the lexus afm/550's wit a walbro fuel pump, but i just dont have money for that now. But the turbo isnt that big compared to stock would it really make that much of a difference?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
yep, happens a lot...

double check the IC piping. I know you don't want to hear it, but it will idle fine if it's a leak that stays closed when it's not under pressure.