fuel and timing problems

im baffled, so when i start the car cold the timing starts out at about 3 degrees BTDC and idles about 850rpm's and with in a few seconds it will start advancing to 0 and and idle up and down about 100rpm's and after a few minutes (2-3) it evens out and starts to retard it takes about 10min to make it to 14 degrees BTDC, then it starts to idle nice and timing will stay there solid. so thats my timing issue now for the fuel (i dont know if their related or two separate problems)

thinks ive tryed
changed 3 different stock coil and wire sets
has on now the is300 coils
3 cps's
2 ecu's
tested the engine temp sensor

ok if i start it, it will idle at 13.5-13.7 afr's its so solid that it makes me think its not taking into account my 02 sensor but if i make a few passes in it the low and part throttle cruising afr's go to 10.0-11.0 no load why cruising and and at idle and wont come back up

things ive tryed
tested continuity between o2 plug and ecu (which was fine)
new o2 senor
tryed pulling fuel with safc
tryed pulling fuel with maft
watching vf to see what ecu is trying to do

some info on my set up

1987 targa turbo

7mgte
r154 trans
fmic
2.5inch ic pipes
safc
3inch exhaust pipe turbo back
snow performance water/meth kit running straight alcohol
eboost 2 ebc
turbosmart bov
aem wide band
swapped in 3.91 with lsd
3 core radiator
egr delete
evap canister deleted
fuel pump 12v relay mod
maft (original)
Pulsation damper delete
wh1c turbo
ffim
100shot wet nitrous kit
electric fans
ported and polished intake side of head
cross drilled and slotted rotors
full coil over set with adjustable dampeners
steel braided soft brake lines

so anyone have any ideas?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Have you checked for codes?

O2 sensor is not even looked at until the car reaches operating temp.

On cold start it should not be idling at 850. Should rev down slowly from about 1300.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You checked for codes and not just seeing if the light was on?

Also with the wideband being placed so close to the turbo life expectancy tends to go down. Could try re calibrating it but that won't solve the low idle for cold starts.

Is the iac working properly?

when i turn my key off i should all kinds if clicking from the isc right? because here is the thing i dont and i got power at b1 and b2 now if i re set my ecu first start the idle will be high a keep climbing but i shut it iff and restart it 850 rpms and the stupid timing is back so what signal does the ecu use to trigger s1-s2-s3-s4 pins