frustrated oil leak softline to bottom of ct26

mikeoc1

Jun 25, 2009
Ft Benning
I have an oil leak from the oil pipe connection where it bolts to the bottom of my turbo. I am about to remove the turbo for the second time for this leak. Its a new driftmotion turbo and new softline kit. So, two new surfaces with new gasket. My question is this. The turbo came with two new nuts unlike the original ones just regular auto parts store type. Could using the different nuts cause it to not get a good seal? I attached a picture of the factory nuts. I really dont know what else to try as far as fixing the leak. I cant imagine having to use a liquid gasket sealer on it, but I would if I had to.

p1705754_1.jpg

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Are you using an OEM gasket? Are you sure it is leaking from the gasket, and not from the line connections themselves? Its possible the DM flange is not perfectly flat, wouldn't hurt to check. I always put a very very small amount of right stuff gasket maker on the gasket just for extra assurance. Also make sure both surfaces are completely dry and free of oil when you put it together. Are you torquing the nuts to spec? Too tight or too loose can cause problems.

mikeoc1

Jun 25, 2009
Ft Benning
yes it is an oem gasket torqued 9ft lbs per tsrm. The oil is collecting and dripping off of the tip of the stud thats why I think its coming from the gasket not the connection.