Frontierguy25's quick rebuild, drag strip beware.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Here are some pics:

p1358869_1.jpg

p1358869_2.jpg

p1358869_3.jpg

p1358869_4.jpg

p1358869_5.jpg

p1358869_6.jpg

p1358869_7.jpg

I'll post some more pics of the car when I get off work.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
yeah man! Lookin good, i got mine to start but it wont stay running for more than like a second i'm in the middle of re-setting the base timing right now so yeah.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Supra_Villan;1359080 said:
yeah man! Lookin good, i got mine to start but it wont stay running for more than like a second i'm in the middle of re-setting the base timing right now so yeah.

Thanks! I changed the oil this morning before work, fixed the speedo and got my wideband to work. so all is good now, and running pretty good.

tbcmorris;1359093 said:
lookin good so far....take it slow getting everything perfect

Deffinitely going to do that this time! I'm going to wait about 1500 miles before I really get on it. I didn't even install my boost controller just so I don't want to turn it up!

SupraDreamPDR;1359148 said:
Wow. You don't waste any time. Project looks good.

If you're going to do it then do it! I had all the parts so I just put it all together! I don't like to procrastinate, plus I wanted to drive it so bad!!

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
lookin good ryan! we need to get our cars broken in and out havin fun

i should be getting it this week from christian

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Thanks lilmiss!!!

That would be fun Ben! I just want to make sure that I get enough miles before I start really getting on it.

One problem that I am having though is vacuum is a little low. The Gauge is reading about -18in, I don't know if it is my timing or vac leak. I have to get timing gun and check it. I looked around and double checked all of my piping and it all seems to be fine??

Also when is the earliest that I can start to tune the car? I just want to make sure that I'm not running too rich and messing anything up. Right now I'm running my Lex AFM with my 580's. I have my safr unplugged for right now.

Any suggestions guys?

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
frontierguy25;1359652 said:
Thanks lilmiss!!!

That would be fun Ben! I just want to make sure that I get enough miles before I start really getting on it.

One problem that I am having though is vacuum is a little low. The Gauge is reading about -18in, I don't know if it is my timing or vac leak. I have to get timing gun and check it. I looked around and double checked all of my piping and it all seems to be fine??

Also when is the earliest that I can start to tune the car? I just want to make sure that I'm not running too rich and messing anything up. Right now I'm running my Lex AFM with my 580's. I have my safr unplugged for right now.

Any suggestions guys?
On a fresh rebuild around 18 should be fine from what i've heard. You can have a driveablity tune put on it right now because you don't need to be WOT for that and it'll be in the lower rpm's since you aren't supposed to see more than 4k during break in. You having any studdering or dying problems?

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Yeah it's stuttering a little bit. I have been trying to figure it out. I think there may be a leak on the intake manifold some where. Going to get a timing light tonight and time it and see where it goes.

erics3000

Mar 2, 2008
Florida
Nice Setup. I pretty much have the same setup so I look forward to seeing how it goes for you. What gears do you have? I have a 90 too and I think my gear was a 3.73 but I wana swap in a 4.10.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Poodles;1359958 said:
Where you on Davis this morning? Swear it was you, I was in my work truck...

Probably, I live off Davis.

erics3000;1360153 said:
Nice Setup. I pretty much have the same setup so I look forward to seeing how it goes for you. What gears do you have? I have a 90 too and I think my gear was a 3.73 but I wana swap in a 4.10.

I have the 3.73's. I'm not going to put the 4.10 because I like my highway gearing and keeping up with bikes and other fast cars on the highway from time to time. And at the track they do just fine!

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Rob, It's all good, I'll make some videos for you.

Dean, thanks man, hoping to get everything touched up tonight or this weekend

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
cool then we need to finally meet up. I need a week or two to get my speed density setup in and tuned though.

You REALLY need to get something that can control timing man, i about shit myself when i saw 22 degrees advance on pump at 18psi with the safc...

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
I really would like a speed density system, but I'm going to wait to get a standalone. We can meet up once I get my car broken in and running right as well. Now I can tune better with my Zeitronix. In about a month or so It should be ready.

I just found out that I have fuel leaking from my #6 injector at the rail, so I have to fix that this morning, also going to swap out my plugs too.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Well, I got my fuel problem fixed I hope. With the PTE injectors there is a lot of room for play where the top O ring goes, so I put another one on there. There is a little play but now they fit better in the rail.

Now I only have the Code 41 and now that pesky 51. I'll figure it out though.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
I'm still getting this 14 code but only when I'm driving around normal. It seems like it's a vaccum leak at the manifold, but I can find one. My gauge at that point goes from -20in to -18-17in vac. But it's only when just crusing around, when in boost my car does perfectly fine. Only boosting to 10psi right now and only to 4-4.5k rpms. I've got about 700 miles on the car and will start tuning at 1k miles.