Front end noise

R

Rczop2

I've got the same problem. As a matter of fact it is on both of the supras in my family. I don't know what it is either. It only happens on the (what it sounds like) on the passenger side. The wole suspension is relatively new on mine and it is still there. :wtf:

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
Well I got an answer on mine today from the toyota dealership. Ya know they gave me a diagnosis for no charge and at least I have an idea of what it might be. Anyway they said its the wheel bearings and they recommened changing the whole hub cause they said the bearing probably scarred up the inner hub. I dont know about that but it does make sense. What I do know is that im not going to pay $860 for the job. Man these places are on crack. I know these bearing are pressed in so I would have to have them taken out and replaced with new ones. The bearing are anywere between 30 and 50 and piece and the hubs are $115 a piece new from Jay Marks Toyota. Plus the bearings which the new hubs dont come with. Comes to like 331 for everything plus shipping, plus im going to have to get the bearing pressed in the new hubs when I get them. Im thinking about just finding some used hubs and new bearings and having them pressed and that way I can inspect the old hubs for damage once off the car and possible have a spare set in case this happens with one of my other 2 supras. Also if I do it this way of course it will save me a ton of money and I wont have any downtime for the shop work.Whenever I do this I will let you know if it took care of the problem.

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
The bump stops might have been in place but have been worn down. which causes the bolt to catch on the lower a-arm and make that popping sound you're talking about when you're at full tilt.