Freshly built 7mgte starts but no crank. HELP!!!

478slimm

Sep 23, 2013
Georgia
I just put the engine back in turn the key nothing happens so I ran a wire from battery straight to starter which is working. I turn key to the on position and try to jump star with the battery she turns over but won't start I've check all the ground and fuses. I have fuel and spark. What could my problem be??? The engine is fresh built...

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
I think you're confusing starts for cranks and cranks for starts.

when putting your wiring harness back on the engine be sure to check all your connections and grounds. also check those cold start and CPS wires, they might be crispy and causing a short or open.

478slimm

Sep 23, 2013
Georgia
I've checked everything I could think of. When I pull the engine I pulled the wiring harness too. After I put the engine back together I plugged everything up with the engine out of the car. Engine was dropped in with harness and everything plugged in. I pulled the fuel injectors off and tested to make sure there working and clean them still cranks with no start

478slimm

Sep 23, 2013
Georgia
Well the car runs my fuel line was bent causing nowhere near enough fuel to start but now she won't rev past 1500 or 2000 rpm. What could this be???

478slimm

Sep 23, 2013
Georgia
No the check engine light went off but now I'm having a bigger problem. My oil and coolant is mixing. It didn't do this until I capped the coolant line coming from the head under the intake plenum. Was that a mistake??? The car hasnt been driving or ran for more then 5 mins since the rebuild. The head gasket is cosmetic metal .84 bore 1.3mm thickness. I seriously doubt its blown

478slimm

Sep 23, 2013
Georgia
After letting her run and messing with the vacuum lines to fix my rev problem I pulled oil stick and it was milky... Would blocking the coolant line that goes to the isc coming from the head cause the mixture??? It didn't do that until the line was blocked

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Take a pic of the milky oil.

You can get a milky looking dipstick after a rebuild from assembly lube and such.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Let the car sit overnight, then pull the oil drain plug. The water will settle out underneath the oil, and you will get a gush of clear water when you undo the drain plug. If you don't see that, then its probably something else like the assembly lube. If you do have water in the oil then most likely the engine is going to have to come apart.