fresh rebuild and ive got a ....

GOT BOOST

Mar 30, 2005
Canada
www.supraclub.ca
lagged said:
B H G

pics to come...

In the words of Homer Simpson D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh, D'oh,

Moments like this is when I give my car :thefinger:

Mike Nikolai

bobtsgt

Apr 26, 2005
Keep your head bud. I'm crossing my fingers that mine does well once I get everything back.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
hah. well the digital camera is broken (hmm, like everything else?) so no pictures. sorry!

anyway, the HG blew around the number 6 cylinder around the water jacket.

why did it blow? beats me. broke the engine in for 1000 miles, no boosting. after that put another ~700 miles on the car, boosting 10 pounds but not that much due to a slipping brand new clutch.

anyway, got the head off the other day. cleaned up the block a little today. im gonna order a new gasket from toyota, i think that the gasket that the builder used was just shitty. iirc he used a felpro gasket set, ive heard bad things about felpro but by the time i realized the motor was already together.

motor was strong before the HG. never saw any water in the oil. ill drain the oil after i get it back together, run the car for a few minutes and drain it again immediatly after. hopefully everything will go back together with no problems and ill be back to boosting soon enough.

theres still a chance my car will make it to ETOWN on the 11th, itll be tough but i think i can do it!

thanks for the kind words everyone! except you robbo185 :doublebir

haha oh well. i was pretty pissed before but wtf are ya gonna do? fix it!

L

lanky189

lagged.. i got a 1.2mm hks gasket you can have.

it's been used but spray some coating on it and you'll be golden... seriously...ill GIVE IT TO YOU....

lemme know.

PM ME!

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Sorry to hear about the BHG. Our cars just seem to love those things. Got question though, did you retorque the head bolts after 500 miles?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
scottiedawg66 said:
Just buck up and get a MHG, and ARPs since u gotta do a whole lotta work anyways.

~scott

already have ARPs. pulling the head off really isnt that much work, just a PITA. actually come to think of it, i say that about everything with this car. nothing is hard, its just a pain in the ass!

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
dirgle said:
Sorry to hear about the BHG. Our cars just seem to love those things. Got question though, did you retorque the head bolts after 500 miles?

i checked the torque and they were fine. i have arp head studs, they didnt loosen up at all.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Boostedstr8six said:
Bummer man. You should get a MHG though. Hope you get it back on the road soon.

thanks! ill probably end up going with a toyota head gasket, i really dont want to pull the motor out AGAIN to have the block surface prepared the right way.