Frame damage

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
ok... so i bought this new car, and stupid me negelected to look at the frame rails. i look at them later and it looks like someone before me drove it really hard over a curb and the frame rails near the rear of the car are pushed up a bnit, like pretty bunged up.

the largely damaged sections is on the pass side, and the minor (heh.. if you can call it that) is on the driver's side.

is there anyway to fix this?

when driving the car it doesnt seem TOO weird, but when you get on the gas and start goin, it slightly "rocks" or "sways" side to side, kinda as if i was breaking traction but not....

i need advice. blunt, but honest advice. can i remedy this at all? since the frame was bent UP and not side to side, does that mean its more minimal than other damage? will a frame puller be able to make this car driv straight?

im fucking pissed off... both supras i have baught i got fucked in the ass by,

Attachments

• bentframe1.jpg
    bentframe1.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 43
  • bentframe2.jpg
    bentframe2.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 34
  • bentframe3.jpg
    bentframe3.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 31
  • bentframe4.jpg
    bentframe4.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 28
  • bentframe5.jpg
    bentframe5.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 43

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I seriously doubt you could damage a Mk3 by "driving up on a kerb" it must have had a substantial hit at some time!
<ninja edit> You mean the connectors!

Not sure if a frame machine can pull it straight there as it's pretty badly damaged!

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
UGGHHHHH things NEVER GO MY WAY!!

except for GrimJack helping me take out my tranny, at least ill soon be able to drive this pile with a 5 speed. :(

thanks Dave! i really do appreciate what you did for me....

and oh ya... i have another supra that has good frame rails and the underside aint bad (i know this is a stretch) but, is it possible at all for a shop to cut out and replace the crappy ones with the donor cars parts?

Attachments

• bentframe6.jpg
    bentframe6.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 16
  • bentframe7.jpg
    bentframe7.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 16
  • bentframe8.jpg
    bentframe8.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 14

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Anything is "possible" just depends on what they want to be paid for doing it.

A quality job won't be cheap.

I'd look at alignment and bushings as the cause first as the connectors aren't that critical a part on our cars.

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
ok my dad and i came up with a possible solution and wanted to run it by ome of you guys before we try it. we want to get a turnbuckle, and have one bolt welded to a huge weight or battatched to the ground, the other bolt welded to a plate which is welded to the affected area. unless im completely retarded, if we have the car on its wheels (so the suspension can hold the added pressure) would we be able to tac the plate to the underside of the car and parts of the frame, and crank the turnbuckle to pull it down? would that screw it up even more and possibly cause even worse trouble? or (like i figure) is it prertty much as bad as it gets, so if i can somehow regain some form (ond possibly cut off some of the rail and weld in a new boxed piece of metal (or whatever it is - connector))

SublimeSupra

Dreams of the Touge
Jan 17, 2006
Largo,Fl
If it were me i would cut the affected area out while the car is supported to keep it straight and weld some thick ass box tubing all the way under it.