Found great deals on suspension upgrade!!

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
So i was looking online many different sites for best prices on lowering springs.

Lowering springs
Eibach pro-kit lowering springs Part No. 8211.140 for 210 shipped to your door. to purchase the springs go to advanceautoparts.com add them to your cart then go to check out and type in the promo code "visa" (with out the"").

after reading reviews of just suspension i deleted the info to buy them.

Last edited:

QuebecmkIII

Jan 27, 2009
quebec
The Kyb GR-2 are a stock remplacement option, so they are not stiff and with a drop they will not last long time.
And the Eibach seem to be bouncy, lot of people love them but my friend have it with koni yellow and we very don't like the feeling.
You need some linear spring and not progressive if you want a descent drive, or go with some coilovers...
But you price is very good for sure

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Has your friend with the koni's tried adjusting them? They need to be between 3/4 to full hard to match most lowering springs. Mine were bouncy at half hard and going to 3/4 fixed it.

KYB designs their shocks/struts a little stiffer than stock. I'd estimate it about 5-10%. That's about perfect for most lowering springs.

Their reasoning behind selling stiffer than OE shocks is on their website: http://www.kyb.com/products/shocks/gr2.php

Personally I think they do it because they know most cars are underdamped from the factory and they actually ride and handle better with a little more damping. Most people wouldn't believe that though, so telling them they need better (stiffer) shocks to make up for other worn stuff sounds more logical I suppose.

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
chris_u_diaz;1816419 said:
So i was looking online many different sites for best prices on shocks and lowering springs.. This is what i found:

Shocks:
All 4 Kyb excel-g(aka GR-2) shocks for 133 shipped to your door. To purchase it go to justsuspension.com , add the shocks then go to check out and put the discount code "fbvip10" (with out the "").

Lowering springs
Eibach pro-kit lowering springs Part No. 8211.140 for 210 shipped to your door. to purchase the springs go to advanceautoparts.com add them to your cart then go to check out and type in the promo code "visa" (with out the"").

Everything for $343 not bad..

Its not the best setup but it sure is better than driving on blown shocks..Hope this helps some1 in need of a budget friendly upgrade.

Awesome! Thanks for posting this! All 4 of my stock shocks are blown and I'm getting tired of bouncing and skipping all over the road when i hit a few bumps....lol.

Does anyone know how much those springs drop the car? Might just stick with the stock springs anyways since this is my daily driver and not a track car.

Thanks again! :)

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
For all four shocks after discount it came to $184 shipped. But I'm in canada, so that's probably why it's higher. Shipping is $52. Meh, still an awesome deal. :)

Order sent!

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
im happy that's its helping some ppl.. I also ordered mines with all new boots and bump stops, now i need to buy some springs..

sylquebec

Mar 23, 2008
Quebec
destrux;1816512 said:
Has your friend with the koni's tried adjusting them? They need to be between 3/4 to full hard to match most lowering springs. Mine were bouncy at half hard and going to 3/4 fixed it.

I am the friend in question. I do set them to maybe 5/8-3/4 stiff. But i realise there was a huge gap between 3/4 to full stiff when i was trying it on the bench. The shock re-up very slowly at full stiff in comparison to 5/8-3/4 which re-up a lot more faster. Did not get the chance to try them at full stiff, i was so bored of removing them to adjust that i end up with HSD coilover...

Warlock1

Mar 13, 2012
Surprise, AZ
My current Supra has the H&R springs and the KYB's and it does sit pretty low. All my other Supras I had Eibachs and the Tokico II's for TEMS and I really liked them.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
sylquebec;1816665 said:
I am the friend in question. I do set them to maybe 5/8-3/4 stiff. But i realise there was a huge gap between 3/4 to full stiff when i was trying it on the bench. The shock re-up very slowly at full stiff in comparison to 5/8-3/4 which re-up a lot more faster. Did not get the chance to try them at full stiff, i was so bored of removing them to adjust that i end up with HSD coilover...

I know what you mean with the adjustment thing, it's a real pain in the ass. If I had known they didn't have an adjustment knob before I ordered them I would have saved up my money and got a set of coilovers.

Speaking of coilovers, how do you like the HSD's? Have you had them for long?

redrocco

QUADCAM
Feb 21, 2007
Rochester NY
I currently am useing KYB gr2 shocks $160 for all 4 from summit racing and the RSR 35-T300 "race" linear springs $210 online some place. I love this set up and it is nice and stiff.

redrocco

QUADCAM
Feb 21, 2007
Rochester NY
The RSR race springs are 1.4" drop in the front and. 8" in the rear and the spring rate is 671 LBS in front and 335 LBS in the rear. How ever I have the rear shimed up .5" due to the tire size I run.