Found a nice review of our supra

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
hornet7288;1542199 said:
Pretty sweet! I really enjoyed that read. Too bad I was too young to take one on a test drive then. I would have been like one year old.
Well, I was old enough back then. In '91 I went to a Toyota dealership to buy my wife an MR2, and there was a dark blue MKIII on the showroom floor with the Targa off, that car looked so amazing. I went over and was looking it over when this salesman came over and started talking to me and the first thing that he asked me was "If I had the means to pay for it". I told him that I was shopping for an MR2, but I would not be buying one from them and walked out. Man, I really wanted that Supra, and that day I swore that one day I would own one.

That's one reason why when people assume that all MKIII owners would prefer to own a MKIV Supra, I just think to myself, they have no clue.::shrug::

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
The feature I liked most had nothing to do with driving. When you lock the car, an automatic alarm system is armed. If a thief tries to steal it, the lights turn on, the horn sounds and the starter is rendered useless.

The feature all of us here find the most annoying is one he likes? ROFL

bluepearl

Jul 21, 2005
pa.
That's one reason why when people assume that all MKIII owners would prefer to own a MKIV Supra, I just think to myself, they have no clue.::shrug::[/QUOTE]

You got that right. I much rather own my 87 than some ratted out Mark IV. And yes, there's lots of them out there.

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
Rajunz;1544814 said:
Well, I was old enough back then. In '91 I went to a Toyota dealership to buy my wife an MR2, and there was a dark blue MKIII on the showroom floor with the Targa off, that car looked so amazing. I went over and was looking it over when this salesman came over and started talking to me and the first thing that he asked me was "If I had the means to pay for it". I told him that I was shopping for an MR2, but I would not be buying one from them and walked out. Man, I really wanted that Supra, and that day I swore that one day I would own one.

That's one reason why when people assume that all MKIII owners would prefer to own a MKIV Supra, I just think to myself, they have no clue.::shrug::

I'm with you there. The MK3 was and still is a world class GT car. I would like to get a clean, low mileage MK2 (owned a 84 Celica GTS), before a MK4.

Dan

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
"The car's styling, with bulging biceps courtesy of Porsche, is aggressive."

Am I the only one confused by this statement? Did Porshce really have a hand in the styling of our cars?

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
Nick M;1543103 said:
Ownership. Broad stroke for many issues, which don't necessarily mean you.

I have had many, and the car is as reliable as anything I have owned. As for reviews, I uploaded others for your enjoyment. :)

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?67399-Original-Supra-reviews&highlight=original

"Buttery smooth" ; right up my alley of how a care should be.

im with you! my 7m is reliable as balls but my tranny is not we all got our issues lmao its old what do you expect HOWEVER the thing has amazing reliablility regardless

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Figit090;1570005 said:
I see and have already noticed the similarities between the supra and other cars, namely that Porsche, but did another company such as Porsche contribute to it's design?

Jaguar is probably the biggest influence.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Dingoboy;1542161 said:
Nice review. Thanks for sharing.

When I bought my most recent MKIII, a friend of mine questioned the sanity behind buying a straight 6. I had to explain to him the physics behind the straight 6, and why it is the smoothest possible configuration for an engine. See HERE.

When properly engineered, there's just no comparison for smoothness of operation. It's a shame so many automakers have abandoned the straight 6. Aside from the smoothness, I personally like the lines of a car with a straight 6- the longer nose, etc. Something very elegant about Supras, older Z's, and some of the old BMW's, among others.

Care like explaining the physics on why 8 power pulses, one every 90 degrees is less smooth than one every 120 degrees?