Former Nissan fanatic here

2turboZ

May 4, 2007
Buffalo NY
Hello All,

I am from Buffalo NY and just picked up my first Toyota..its an 89 Supra Turbo Targa with a fully built (almost) 7mgte.

Big plans for the car include:

67mm Precision turbo
1000cc Injectors
AEM EMS
Defi Gauges
Brian Crower Cams
Methanol Injection
etc
etc

Bodywork and fresh paint

Dishy Wheels

The car is currently at a local performance shop here and it should be out rolling along in a month or 2.

I have had many performance cars over the years starting when I was 16 and had a Porsche 944...moved to 5.0 Mustangs...then Nissan 300zx TTs where I built a 525whp 1991. I also had an SR swapped 240 which was fun to beat around the track.

I am looking very forward to diving into Toyota and the Supra MK3. I am hoping my project goes smoothly and I look forward to becoming an active member on this forum.

PICS!!!!

p608190_1.jpg

p608190_2.jpg

2turboZ

May 4, 2007
Buffalo NY
I had the NA 2.5 and it was pretty slow but probably the best handling/braking stock car I have ever driven.

Maint. was very very expensive...90 dollars for plug wires...50 for a dist. cap. and it had some impossible to trace electrical issues but phenomenal cars for what u can buy them for today.

I recommend the 85.5 + because of the newer VDO gauge cluster.

2turboZ

May 4, 2007
Buffalo NY
:bump:

Started tearing out some of the older electronics such as the afc2, profecb2, and VPC. Also took out the older FMIC, and am making adjustments to the intercooler piping.

My 1000cc injectors and rail are all set, had to buy a different motor which is currently in transit, and my aem ems is also on its way.

Going to swap the autometer to so DEFI gauges and am contemplating making a custom pod for them.

Also adding a 2nd inline fuel pump and ordering the turbo from precision this week.

Once I hit my post target...I will have alot of parts for sale to help finance some of the additional parts I need.

Target date for running if everything goes well will be July 15...hoping to be in for body kit and paint by aug. 1

2turboZ

May 4, 2007
Buffalo NY
Yeah....eventunally the full suspension will be gone through...I have no intention of trying to put that power to the ground this year. I am going to switch rear ends from a 4.30 to something much more around town friendly like a 3.73. Go with Tein or HKS coilovers...sway bars...strut tower bars....probably dive into the tie rods and control arms as well.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Appears as if you're starting with a very solid and well kept A70 and your current planning ideas sound to be of success... Hope to hear more about this car! :)

As I'm sure you're aware, we are all dealing with a car designed 20 years ago...so as given, just be patient with it and don't cut corners!

Also - Which Precision turbo are you planning to use?

Good luck and I hope to hear more from you with updates in the future! :)

-Jeff

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Verify you have a MHG and ARP head studs before you bother with anything else.

Replace the 90 degree hose off the back of the head, as well.

2turboZ

May 4, 2007
Buffalo NY
Yeah...the motor should be shipping today :)

I will start a build thread in the proper forum as soon as I get off my toukus and start taking pictures when I am down at the shop dismantling things :)

Thanks for the positive reenforcement guys.

I have learned a ton from building my 300zx cars....that was not an easy task and having to buy virtually 2 of everything was an expensive and long lasting process.