Forged Bottom End Oiling Questions

Bmettie

Apr 27, 2010
Florida
Ok I got my block back yesterday and will be putting it back together soon. Long story short, recently (5k) rebuilt with NPR cast and oem rods, bad injector leaned out, melted piston, rebuilding now with 0.50mm over Probe forged pistons and Eagle forged rods. First dilemma is the oil squirters, I had replaced them with brand new ones, 5k ago, and now I test them and they all fail. I can blow thru them myself and I know I can't make 30 psi, unless I'm superman and I don't know it. I'd like to delete them but I'm in a toss up from my searching and reading, searching and reading,searching and reading numerous threads.
Will the Probe/Eagle forged bottom need/benefit from them?
How will the wrist pins get there oiling? Rods don't have the wall sprayer like OEM does. Pistons don't have force feed pin oilers.

What do you think happened to my squirters to cause them to fail? Could I have had a really large overpressure situation while running to fatigue the spring? Reaching a bit but, if I over torqued them when installing, could i have stretched the squirters losing preload on the valve? If anyone has a new check valve bolt kicking around and wants to throw a caliper on it and give me a length measurement so I can compare it to mine, that be swell.

I have a new upgraded DM pump with a new feed line that will be going in. I Plastigauged cams and mains yesterday and its all in spec.