ForcedTorque's Slick/Quick Build

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
arizzle;1500479 said:
sweet, that teal looks clean

The picture is aweful. I see nothing wrong with the car other than faded paint on the hood pretty bad. I've never seen it move, so I'm assuming bad motor some kind of way.

RazoE;1500498 said:
BASTARD!!!

stop hogging up all the 92's..:D

just kidding, we need all the 92's we can get..

I will take all of them I can get. This is the first time I have had only 1 Supra in the last 8-10 years. Having only 1 sucks. 2 92's would be a welcome burden, that the wife will just have to understand.

toyotanos;1500618 said:
Job + a running Supra...you are just full of win! Congratulations!

Ya, it's got me wondering where the mood bar is today. I finally get some driving in, and I can't put my 5 up there. Gonna try to do some more driving tomorrow. But, my brother and I are going to go watch the Senior Bowl players practice tomorrow.

suprahero;1500719 said:
I call dibs on the 92 if Scott doesn't buy it. I have a 1jz I'm just dieing to put into something.

Damnit Jay, you're a Mod around here. You should know that dibs are not allowed.

roundfinger;1500759 said:
No way man your supras too purty already!!!
And Scott needs to enjoy his more after all the heartache and frustrations hes had, he doesnt need a sweet 92.

Jay's car is Purty! I do need to be able to enjoy this current 92, but I'll always have room for another. I honestly don't know if it is a 91 or a 92.

gtsfirefighter;1500871 said:
You got an extra 1JZ laying around??

Don't you already have a 1JZ? I got dibs on Jay's.

n2fishin69

Work-a-holic
Jan 25, 2006
Way down South, in Dixie
nice find Scott! This is the 92 teal one you have spoke of? What is the address? :icon_evil LOL
We found another 88 we are probably going to get when our tax refund arrives.
I may not be able come borrow your compression tester tomorrow. We had a death in the family so life is pretty hectic.
I am pretty damn sure it is a BHG.
Jim

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
A great day!

1. Got to spend the day watching the country's best college seniors prepare for the Senior Bowl.

2. Finally got a call from the post office about the new job. (missed it while at the practice) I will call them first thing in the morning.

3. I drove the car another 25 miles, problem free (except the crazy idle).

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I got my new 92 fuse box in the mail, and installed it today. I does get ground at the EFI port where the other one didn't, but that is almost the only difference it made. It also doesn't fluctuate voltages like it did. It will ease my mind about driving it a good bit. I had a very small hope that my idle may be affected by improper currents, but knew I would have to play with my TPS. I will now get more motivated to pay attention to what I have to do to adjust the TPS. I'm scared of it. Someone tell me that my fear is unjustified, and hold my hand through it!

I got to go to the Senior Bowl "NFL Experience", where you could get autographs of players, meet the Jacksonville Jaguars Cheerleaders (The Roar), and other kid activities. We stood on the concrete floor for 4 hours, and got 2 autographs (Mt.Cody and Leigh Tiffin). Tebow and 2 of the Bama players all no showed. So, I did spend time getting cheerleader autographs, and pics.

Who's this fat ass with the hot chick (much,much hotter in person).

sm_photo_missing.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I'm currently waiting on a new Throttle body from Toostand. I attempted to adjust my TPS, and couldn't get any change no matter what I did with it. I don't have internet at home right now, so I'm not here much. I heard this morning I will be starting the new job in about 2 weeks.

Last edited:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well, nothing good to report on the car. I got the throttle body, but the TPS on it is not good either. I think I'm going to try to get a new one.

But, there IS good news finally on the job front. In the mail today, I received a letter telling me that my hire date will be on the 13th (my wife AND daughter's birthdays). That's next Saturday, but I don't report until Monday the 15th for my training.

SO........I guess I will get my drink on this evening!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well I got Good News and Bad News, all on the job front. The car has to wait until I have the funds to touch it again.

The Good News is I FINALLY went to my first day of training (paid) yesterday! This portion was only supposed to be 3 days.

The Bad news is I caught a nasty stomach virus, and puked my guts up all last night. I was not able to attend today, and that likely will put me off another 2 weeks before I can make up the class. I have to call the lady after class today, and see if there is a better solution. They also told me that the driving portion of my training may be put off for 2-3 weeks, but they might put me to work and train me later. WTF! I can drive, I'll just have to get used to driving a RHD vehicle. Always needing to reach out the right side should make that pretty easy to be where I need to be. so who knows?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Too bad about the stomach virus Scott. Hopefully the rest of the job part goes smoothly so you can finish up the work on your car.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I am feeling much better today. Nobody could tell me whether to go to my class or not, so I got there and forced the hand. They sent me home, and told me I would probably be rescheduled for the next class in a week and a half.

I am eating solid food today, and forcing the hand of my stomach. I haven't been sick since 6am yesterday morning. The head isn't 100% yet, but the stomach seems OK.

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
sell me the teals location info...o wait the wife would kill me!

Glad you are feeling better! Something like that is going around my work but seems to just make for one really bad day then the next is recovery. Get going on that gubment Job!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I'd have to take you to the Teal car. I don't even know road names to give directions. But I'm not ready to give up that info yet. If ever I start getting a paycheck from the USPS, I am seriously going to try to get that car. I will actually get a check for the one day I attended class in a couple of weeks.

Hurry Up and Wait!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I hope once you get the money for it that it's still there. Does the term a day late and a dollar short ring a bell..........:biglaugh:

If you're really lucky, it'll be gone. I've decided these cars are the biggest money pits in the world. I love my car, but it consumes every dollar I make.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I've got some updates.....both car (pics) and job.

I have not updated the job status in a while. I did get back into class last week, and the driver training was directly behind the classroom class. This past Friday, I passed the classroom portion of the driving. It was pass or be terminated. 2 of 6 were terminated, leaving jobs open closer to home that I may be able to get. Tomorrow, I get my first chance to get in a mail truck. It's 6 hours of in truck training, followed by another pass or terminate test. No worries! After that I finish out the week with mail handling training, with no test to pass at the end. I'm assuming that I'll start work the following Monday. Those in the orientation class who were not hired to drive went to work the day after their class was over. so that is going very well.

And, today I finally washed all of the pollen off of both mine and my son's car, so I could find at least a spec of red. I have another thread with all of the pictures I took, but I'm going to post a few here too. My dog is Jax......he's a German Sheppard/Lab (or retreiver, can't remember). This little shoot did birth a new sig picture.

I'm thinking of naming my car Vicky! She came from Victoria, Tx, so it fits.

p1544552_1.jpg

p1544552_2.jpg

p1544552_3.jpg

p1544552_4.jpg

p1544552_5.jpg

p1544552_6.jpg