For those with Xbox 360's...

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
I just recently purchased an Xbox 360, and I was wondering about the capabilities of the hard drive. I know you can copy music via. the dvd-rom drive and such, but what about movies? I know you can stream them via Xbox Live and your PC, but is there a way to actually get them on the hard drive itself? If anyone has figured out a way to do this, or has another way they do it, I'd like to hear it.

-Matt

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
MKIII N00b said:
and then transfer those files via program to your xbox 360 HDD.
That's the problem, as far as I know, Microsoft won't allow that. The only way I know of is to link your console to your PC, in which you can stream video and music, but I'm trying to actually get it on the hard drive on the Xbox so I don't have to stream it.

-Matt

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
GotToyota? said:
That's the problem, as far as I know, Microsoft won't allow that. The only way I know of is to link your console to your PC, in which you can stream video and music, but I'm trying to actually get it on the hard drive on the Xbox so I don't have to stream it.

-Matt

External USB HDD, works.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
I'm jumping in to see what you guys post.

Currently I can access all my files from the computer through the xbox. Makes playing supra videos very fun. I don't want to leave that computer on all the time just for that reason though. So I'll be moving everything to the external HD and leave it with the xbox.

I would love to wirelessly access that hard drive some how, without having to move it back and forth from the computer to the xbox.