for those with a rattle in the trunk

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
like most of you i get the annoying rattle in the rear trunk area. i installed new rubber insulators and still i get the squeaks. after doing futher research i found a TSB on ALLDATA reguarding this issue. the TSB states that the striker (latch on truck lid) is 1mm to big. it is 8.5mm from the factory and it needs to be 7.5mm

i'm going to do more info on this TSB give it a shot. i really hope this works out. i will report my finding this week and see what i come up with. i just wanted to put the word out

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Mike, a rattling hatch, or a rattle in the hatch area from junk? I was going to say the striker can usually be adjusted. And down would pull the hatch tighter, getting rid of some noise.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
yes just your latch and such but all i did was bar stole rubber feet for hard whould floor's worked great

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
johnathan1 said:
Put a strip of felt, or a strip of the soft side of self-adhesive velcro.

I'm pretty sure its the springs in with the bolts to secure the rear of my targa thats sqeaking when i drive. I tried to spray some silicone lube in there and it doesnt do anything.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
High density adheasive backed foam is your friend.

Two layers of this over the old stock bump rubbers ended my squeeks.

When it wears out, I just pull them off and cut some new ones. (They stick on fine, but in about 6 months, get compressed to the point where they need to be replaced....)

You can use foam rubber weatherstrip.... Cheap, and effective :) (Home Desperate or Blowes...)