For those interested CT12A upgrades are available.

anorexicpoodle

Apr 4, 2005
Los Angeles
Ok ive been working on this with my turbo guy for some time, and we finally have come up with a workable upgrade for the CT12A. After going through the CT12B wheels and shafts that the aussies and brits like, he determined that not only will the 12B wheels result in greatly increased lag, but the quill of the CT12B shaft where it mates to the compressor is signifigantly smaller then the 12A, and the bearing journals are smaller (one can only guess this is because the smaller turbo will reach higher rpms), and would not be a suitable upgrade. Finally a turbine wheel was located at a manufacter that had been made 5-7 years ago for another client that never got off the ground, it was an exact replica of the CT12A wheel but in steel, not ceramic. So these upgrades will have CT12A steel exhaust wheels, T3 60 trim compressors, with all new bearings and balanced to tighter then new specs, and should be good for 400-430 depending on supporting mods. Spool should stay stockish with increased durability at higher boost levels, because the turbine wont have to work as hard to make the same pressure with the larger wheel.

Now the downside. They arent cheap. They are signifigantly cheaper then any other alternative but at $841 per turbo its not cheap at all. I will have one pair for sale at my cost (during the time it took to find this upgrade i bought a set of HKS twins).

This is not a group buy, nor am i guaging interest, this is done and ready to be purchased.

Im not looking for criticism on the cost, thats just what it is, but if youre serious and want to upgrade the stock twins its now available.

I would like to sell the first kit to someone local so i can help resolve any issues, and see firsthand how they do.

Ryan