for the love of the car

hardcharger

#1 935 groupie
Oct 28, 2005
San Diego
posted this on the "other" forum as well figured I would post it up here.

with all the debate posts (7m vs 1j) etc etc etc. goin on right now I figured i would post up just how much I love MKIII's and ask others to share the same. I mean why do we all own them? i own mine cuz They are a car with classic sports car lines and you just don't see that many around. I love the fact that we take a car that noone else really expects to be fast and people are killing corvettes/ls1's/ porches/ evo's/wrx's all over the place. its a great car with a cheap buy in. Now I'm making the statement now that whatever engine you choose to put in wether it be 7m, 1j, 2j, 1u, 3s, ls1, etc etc etc. is ok with me as long as you have a love for the car and take care of it the way you should. I see people all over the place on this forum, goin through their third or fourth motor without even thinking about giving up cuz they love their car so much, now that is some good stuff right there. and there are people with years of experience who share their knowledge all over the place without giving critisizm. and you hear all the stories of supra owners helping other supra owners out when they are broken down or having issues. So as Vegas approaches and we all come a day closer to the week we all celebrate our cars, I just wanted to say that i will always have a MKIII, probably not this particular one, but a MKIII will never not be in my gagage, and I hope you guys who love the car like I do do the same. Now lets here some other love stories for you car, why did you get it, what made you go nutty over supras? lets here some stories of true supra devotion? post a couple pics of your supra if you want.

only things I ask
1. no engine choice arguments
2. only constuctive critisizm/ no insults or extreme flaming

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I'm sitting here at school, still fuming about the leaky auto in mine, and I hate the car, I really do.

Until I walk outside after class is over, and on the way there, just can't help but notice how good she looks, and how NOBODY else here has one.

She's definetely female, I'll leave it at that :D

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Haha, everytime I walk out to my car I have one thought on my mind...

"Please start."

I hate this god damn car sometimes, but most times I love it. It's just so cool. Plus I have only seen one other one...in the entire city. :)

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
SupraDerk said:
Plus I have only seen one other one...in the entire city. :)

That's probably because the other couple thousand MKIII's are trashed in a backyard with BHG like it's the end of the world.
:3d_frown:

JB91389

decisions...decisions...
Jun 22, 2006
Ottawa
SupraDerk said:
Haha, everytime I walk out to my car I have one thought on my mind...

"Please start."

I hate this god damn car sometimes, but most times I love it. It's just so cool. Plus I have only seen one other one...in the entire city. :)

I think the Exact same thought...lol...Sure they can be a pain in the ass and a money drainer at some points, but I love the car and everything about it.

claricae86

Aug 23, 2006
oklahoma
well i just purchased an mk3 turbo a couple days ago. im loving the car and am pretty happy considering ive always wanted one. i was hoping breaking things wouldnt be as bad as my ae86, but from what ive been reading i may have a little more fun than i thought.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I love my car, the only trouble its ever given me was my fault to begin with. Even if it was OEM, I just say.. hmm.. I should have forseen this. lol.

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
I have always loved 80's Jap. cars (Z's,86,RX-7 etc.) But I didn't fall in love w/ this car until about four years ago. I think I was 14-15 and my friend said he bought a new car, I asked what kind and he said "Supra". Keep in mind this was right after the first F&F came out. I asked him if it was the car at the end of the movie and he just said no, it's older brother. I saw it and:love: :love: :love: :love: I just loved the hips these baby's have. After that I decided I NEEDED a Supra.

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
nothing but yotas since birth. my pops owned a 76 celica gt when i was little. thats when it started. haven't driven anything else. i will probably have a supra in my garage when i die aswell.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
I have seen 5 supras in my family counting my black 89 (my avatar). My father has owned 3 and still has a red 89 turbo. I like the look of the body more then any other supra or any other sports car. The new supras are nice however I am not a fan of the rounded cars. Our 89-91 supras are a bit old however they stand up in looks to the new sports cars, that is the sign of a true sports car. We love these cars for the same reason someone loves an old Ferrari. Timeless Beauty. Its also fun to see the looks on people faces when we are faster then the $30,000.00 car they just bought!

hardcharger

#1 935 groupie
Oct 28, 2005
San Diego
see thats what I'm talking about, this is why I love this community, cuz we all share the common love for this heavy beauty. **a tear forms**:biglaugh:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I think its some sort of illness!!!! We all are addicted and need support groups. I think that is what sm is, a support group for people that are stupid enough to invest all of their spare money into a car. Past that I love my car and welcome the illness.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
da89soup said:
I think its some sort of illness!!!! We all are addicted and need support groups. I think that is what sm is, a support group for people that are stupid enough to invest all of their spare money into a car. Past that I love my car and welcome the illness.

:biglaugh: From now on we need to start the posts like this

"Hi.. I'm JMDigital and I am a Supra Addict....:1zhelp: "

JDMSupra

LMAOO ^^^

I have loved the Supra ever since I can remember. I just loved how they werent the wound out 9000 rpm revving rice machines like a lot of other cars. Its a nice mixture between muscle cars, high end luxury and tuners I think. Its why I love it. The torque and the looks.