For the gamers...if there are any

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
NecroCyde, please reference the original game the post is about (Ghost Recon A.W.). Stills and even video don't do it justice. Go to your local game shop and see if you can play it for a bit. The graphics are beautiful. It is one of the first games I have played in a while that when I beat it, I wanted to start over again right away.

As far as things go by way of PC vs console. I like both very much, I just haven't been wowed by any PC games recently. True E.S. Oblivion is coming out soon, but it looks just as pretty on the 360 as it does on a high end PC. I feel that this generation is a big stepping stone for consoles. They are hitting the market and are rather potent machines to start with, read: giving PCs a good run. Even with the old xbox and PS2 I felt that they only really started to loose out graphically In the last year or so, which maybe because I can't afford to pile money into my PC to crank the graphics up all the way. None the less, for "inferior hardware" the consoles cranked out some very beautiful games.

Controllers vs Keyboards. I feel they both have their place. The keyboard is more precise for FPS games. I like a keyboard on games like F.E.A.R., Far Cry, and Brothers in Arms. Those games need the precision. I like the controller because I feel it is more emersive. On a controller I pull a trigger vs click a button. It just makes me feel more like I am shooting, which I enjoy. I love that sensativity can be dialed in to the triggers so more pull or less pull changes the way the game reacts. PGR3 is a good example of this because when using the throttle or brakes you can apply more or less force and it will react accordingly. True a wheel and pedals are best, but if I could only get the platform and the game I would go console because the controller is more precise. With PC you are almost forced to get a wheel because the keyboard is so clunky. Ergonomically controllers rock the socks off a keyboard and mouse (especially the 360 controller). Because when using a keyboard and mouse you are forced to sit a certain way, I find I cramp up faster using them vs a controller.

Multiplayer is a huge thing. I find I usually enjoy multiplayer on a console more than I do on a PC. On a console there is more of a party type feeling, maybe it's the fact that not everbody has to be on a different system to play, but I just like it better on a console. Mind you there are games I would never ever want to play on a console, like Counter Strike, but mostly I like it better on a console.

Really in the end, I can't say I go one way or the other. PC has it's spot, consoles have theirs. I think hating on one or the other is just stupid. In my oppinion a true hardcore gamer is able to play on any system and give respect to games that truely are great, no matter what they run on. I love the PC (just wish I could spend the money to get mine up to date), and I love consoles.

For those who care my PC isn't too slouchy, it just isn't blasing fast either. I'm running....
P4 2.8Ghz
Gig of RAM (would like to get another gig though)
HIS Excaliber IceQ 9800pro

Last edited:

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
So does anyone know if they have a Ghost Recon on dreamcast......... I still love my dreamcast i just receved 30 games for it in the mail. The dreamcast actually has a little bit better graphics then the ps2 itself and I got it for 10 bucks so I win the best deal out of all I can go on the internet with it. And games are free for it now.

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
^Game are free? let me in on the secret, I'd love some new dreamcast games. BTW the only Tom Clancy game that I know they released on the DC is Rainbow 6.