For the 1jz wise.....

josh930

Jan 14, 2006
NY
All questions have been searched but theres either not enough info or I'm just confused....Any help would be appreciated

1. I have usdm 550 injectors and I know I need the 7m resistor pack.... Where and what does the resistor pack look like?

2. With the 550's the 1jz injector clips dont fit so I either need 89+ clips or 2jz clips correct.?

3. I plan on going single turbo when I drop this in, the map sensor is only good for/ up to 18psi correct.?

4. If question 3 is correct, do I need a map ecu 2 or mines ecu to go higher boost than 18psi or can I use my emanage, USDM 550's, E-01, WB, MSD dis-4, FPR combo that I have already with the 2jz stock map sensor in? I'm just confused with this one...

5. I dont have a 1jz power steering resivior... Do I need a 1jz resivior or can I use a 2jz or 7m one?

Thats it for now....... I'll have more questions in the future about the swap but I'm just trying to get all of the peices to the puzzle together. Thanks for your help

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
The injector clips do fit. The tabs on the sides have to be shaved off though. People usually fail to mention that or assume everyone knows or will be able to see that.

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
1. search. there was a huge topic but i forgot the link to it. almost wired it too till i found sard 540's on ebay. if you find the right thread it'll link you to supraforums where they have actual drawings/diagrams. or i think supraforums search fuction is working again so just look up there.

2. what onejoezee said.

3. i'm not sure about how much boost but i've been well past 20psi just from experience.

4. i think you should put everything together then see for yourself. if you hit boost cut then resort to something else.

5. you can use almost any resevoir. its just a fluid holder. i use a 4runner one.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Stock 1JZ MAP sensor, and stock 2JZ MAP sensors are 2.3Bar units. There was a misconception that a 2JZ sensor was an 'upgrade', but it's not.

This means they will read up to ~18psi of boost. You CAN boost higher than that if you would like, but you have to understand that any sort of piggyback or ECU you're running is now at the edge of its tuning map, and will no longer be able to adjust fuel or timing any more. On stock twins, this isn't a big deal, as stockers at say 20psi really don't need any more fuel or timing proportionally than stockers at 17psi. On a larger turbo, this will be more of an issue.

What I did was simply swap the stock sensor for a Denso 3bar sensor. It's plug-and-play, and reads up to 29psi of boost. Good luck finding them though. If you have a piggyback, or standalone, you can use just about any aftermarket MAP sensor.

Edit: if you want a Denso 3bar, HKS sells them for lots of money, or you can also order a replacement sensor for I believe the SAFC that uses them too.

Umm, 29lbs is 2bar. And the 3 bar unit should be just below 44psi.

annoyingrob said:
Stock 1JZ MAP sensor, and stock 2JZ MAP sensors are 2.3Bar units. There was a misconception that a 2JZ sensor was an 'upgrade', but it's not.

This means they will read up to ~18psi of boost. You CAN boost higher than that if you would like, but you have to understand that any sort of piggyback or ECU you're running is now at the edge of its tuning map, and will no longer be able to adjust fuel or timing any more. On stock twins, this isn't a big deal, as stockers at say 20psi really don't need any more fuel or timing proportionally than stockers at 17psi. On a larger turbo, this will be more of an issue.

What I did was simply swap the stock sensor for a Denso 3bar sensor. It's plug-and-play, and reads up to 29psi of boost. Good luck finding them though. If you have a piggyback, or standalone, you can use just about any aftermarket MAP sensor.

Edit: if you want a Denso 3bar, HKS sells them for lots of money, or you can also order a replacement sensor for I believe the SAFC that uses them too.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
viperkillertt said:
Umm, 29lbs is 2bar. And the 3 bar unit should be just below 44psi.

Subtract one bar for atmosphere.

The map sensor still reads atmospheric pressure, and any boost you make is added onto that atmospheric pressure. If you are pushing 14.7psi, your map sensor is reading 29.4(2 bar).

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
viperkillertt said:
Most all devices run with gauge pressure, which would be the levels i was saying.
Not MAP sensors buddy. Last time I checked, your motor still had to tune in vacuum ;)

3bar = 1bar vacuum + 2bar boost.

MAP sensor = Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor

Andre

Feb 4, 2006
Netherlands
annoyingrob said:

Hmmmm

Sorry about my english

Butt do you have an partnumber from this sensor

I think this is an option for me to run more boost

I am now using an greddy emanage with Mines ecu 550 cc injectors etc etc I am feeding the A/f signal to my greddy emanage that why i cannot use the greddy boost sensor

Butt after reading this i think i wil go for the denso sensor