For fun I took part the black afm box with pic's as well

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Well I was bored today and did some reading as I do alot

first off read this so you have an idea on how it works

http://www.aa-academy.com/asp/info.asp?id=60

again I must say this, I have been getting asked about running an afm in blow though mode there no reason to do it it will just fail faster and not read properly aka don't do it if you want you bov to sound like a boat or train buy some thing els

p1797792_1.jpg

afm vent so this mean if you put 25 pounds of boost into the pipe box is now has 25 pounds of boost

p1797792_2.jpg

afm mirror for light emmting diode and the photo transmitter to pick up vibrations the mirror is set up like a leaf spring, kinda like what you see in leaf spring based suspensions and very delicate

all note under side mirror is 2 holes of air channelling these are what clog up form oil based filters and coat the mirror as well

p1797792_3.jpg

the thing that stick out act's like shackle for the leaf based spring

p1797792_4.jpg

shitty pic of the diode and photo t

p1797792_5.jpg

the brain of it all submerst into gell

on side note the mirro has really neat textrue under the scope

so really back then Toyota's karma is far better then hot wire ever could be but could not be used properly in blow though since the persure and oil gather would just mess the sensore up pretty fast and when most meter break the spring just snaps

Last edited:

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
yup I would never do it there's no point at all........

you can only mess with the ecu so much befor you are in unchart ecu map zones that know one even knows? only toyota and mabey Mines in japan
or over all dirty reading from the kama

so it's bloody guessing game

and most cals are calculated distance form throttle body and restaince for the air getting there ect

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Leave the blow-through to the carb guys. :p

This has always been in my eyes the weak link of running boost on engines with a MAF setup like the stock 7m... Works great for NA engines though. :)