For anybody using a fields/autosport harness

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
This is for the guys that have used a Fields or Autosport wiring harness extension. How did you position the ecu/route the harness to retain a functional glove box? I spent over an hour trying to figure this out last night....I even attempted to re-position the ABS computer with no luck. Currently, I have the ecu turned upside down and 180 degrees and it sort of works. Making two more mounting brackets should have the ECU mounted fairly sturdily, but I was wondering if I was overlooking something incredibly simple.

pb92supraturbo

FTG & the IRL!
Aug 20, 2005
Garage, under Supra
It's been a while back but I remember struggling with this also. I ended up with the ECU in the stock location and the fields harness twisted at a slight angle and tucked up as far as I could get it to go. I removed a bolted in metal bracket that supported the factory harness and also secured the back of the inner glove box liner by a push pin type plastic plug. I'll see if I can dig up some pictures but don't know if they would be of much help. I was able to keep the inner liner and my glove box closes with no problems.

Last edited:

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
my glove box currently closes, but it scrapes the plastic liner...I do know what you are talking about with the metal bracket, maybe I'll give that a go. I'd rather remove that then have the ECU hanging by a single mount.

thanks for the help.

tsupranami

Drain Bamaged
Mar 11, 2006
Eastern WA
It is a tight fit, but I also squeezed it up at a funny angle and got it to work, keeping everything, all brackets and original mounts, in place.

Glovebox opens and closes without any interference.

I'll post pics later, the car is getting an alignment right now.

tsupranami

Drain Bamaged
Mar 11, 2006
Eastern WA
Here it is, tucked up between the ECU and ABS computers. It is a tight fit, but glovebox upper (inner) cover bolts on and glovebox itself opens and closes without any interference.

Attachments

• 100_7583.jpg
    100_7583.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_7585.jpg
    100_7585.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 30

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
funny you bumped this....I got finished installing mine probably around the exact time you made your post last night.

thanks though, I'm sure this will be a good reference to anybody installing them in the future.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
pb92supraturbo sent me a couple pictures and I installed mine similar to his - I removed (well, actually, bent up) the glovebox liner centre mount and stuffed the harness above and behind (to the right) the ECU. There was quite a bit of room up there with the mount removed. PM me your email address and I'll send the pics along.