fog light question

k20maniac

Feb 8, 2009
somewhere
for some reason my fog lights only turn on once my headlights are on.. shouldnt they turn on when the corners are on by themselves? someone please shun some light on this...

Mk3Tmoney

Apr 7, 2009
Alberta
MROsborne;1454250 said:
I'm using one of the 3 switches on the left side of the steering wheel as my foglight on/off switch. ;) is it possible to convert the lights to HIDs?

How was the wiring done for on that?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
yup, the common "foglight mod" very nice looking, takes about 15 minutes to do..

picture.php

picture.php

I haven't driven with my regular headlights up in maybe.....9 months..?:D

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
what kind of bulb do you use for your turn corner light? They're bright LOL even through the tinted signal covers.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
You know what I'd like to see? An actual list of bulbs by code and SuperLED's replacement bulbs beside them. For ALL lights on the Supra. If there was a list by bulb then you could pick and choose what bulbs you wanted to replace, like dash lighting (I know, good thing there's a tech page on that!!!), exterior lighting, headlight/taillight/center LED/foglight replacements, dome lights/trim panel lights, side markers, etc. Also, a caveat on which replacements would require special work to replace, such as soldering and such. This would give us a common frame of reference for improving visibility and looks to our cars.

Just a thought?

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Drake69;1454989 said:
You know what I'd like to see? An actual list of bulbs by code and SuperLED's replacement bulbs beside them. For ALL lights on the Supra. If there was a list by bulb then you could pick and choose what bulbs you wanted to replace, like dash lighting (I know, good thing there's a tech page on that!!!), exterior lighting, headlight/taillight/center LED/foglight replacements, dome lights/trim panel lights, side markers, etc. Also, a caveat on which replacements would require special work to replace, such as soldering and such. This would give us a common frame of reference for improving visibility and looks to our cars.

Just a thought?

Do a search for SupraRX7Nut's comprehensive lighting thread.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
CRE;1455038 said:
Do a search for SupraRX7Nut's comprehensive lighting thread.

Drake69 said:
...like dash lighting (I know, good thing there's a tech page on that!!!)

Yup, had forgotten the name of the author but knew it was out there, thanks.

That writeup has the headlamps, but not the taillamps, spoiler LED, side markers, turn signals, and other exterior lighting included.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, but are you sure they're burnt out? The rivets are known to loosen up and loose connection (usually resulting in them not coming on when the doors are opened, but could also cause them to not work with the buttons as well).

Put your fingers in at the front on both sides of the arm that comes down to the mirror and pull (hard). Helps to pull forward a bit as well.

On the note of what works were, with LED's a LOT is up to personal preferance or different brands. While you could just cross referance the original bulbs, the way LED bulbs work can cause issues with not lighting things up enough or not being at the right angle to be used in the location. See what IJ did for his tail lights in his build thread for what I mean on preferance, as he added a bunch of lights to get a nice even spread, while others may think it's fine with one.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
I would think heat would come into play as well. Since some bulbs generate a fair amount of heat, you'd have to be careful with the plastics, insulation, and internal wiring when popping replacements in. You wouldn't want to melt the housing on your dash, markers, etc, because the shiny new bulb you just put in is hotter than the factory one you had before.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Drake69;1455044 said:
Yup, had forgotten the name of the author but knew it was out there, thanks.

That writeup has the headlamps, but not the taillamps, spoiler LED, side markers, turn signals, and other exterior lighting included.

side markers are 194, same as parking lights and the cluster bulbs, except for 1 74 bulb for the oil pressure gauge. the 74 bulb is also used for the keylight ring, glove box, ashtray, and cigarette lighter...

taillights are 1157 bulbs, while the reverse lights and signals are 1156's. The license plate lights are 67 bulbs..

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Poodles;1455072 said:
Yep, but are you sure they're burnt out? The rivets are known to loosen up and loose connection (usually resulting in them not coming on when the doors are opened, but could also cause them to not work with the buttons as well).

Put your fingers in at the front on both sides of the arm that comes down to the mirror and pull (hard). Helps to pull forward a bit as well.

On the note of what works were, with LED's a LOT is up to personal preferance or different brands. While you could just cross referance the original bulbs, the way LED bulbs work can cause issues with not lighting things up enough or not being at the right angle to be used in the location. See what IJ did for his tail lights in his build thread for what I mean on preferance, as he added a bunch of lights to get a nice even spread, while others may think it's fine with one.

Not to jack this thread, but just wanted to say Poodles post led me into the fixing of my dome lights, he was exactly right. You rock man !